WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for an AR in 9mm

Boolit Master
    I just finished my build of a PSA AR15 in 9mm couple of weeks back. Built this with all PSA parts on a dedicated lower that uses Glock mags. Only thing I don't like is the lack of a last shot hold open, other than that, it's 100%. Even the factory sight was within 2 clicks of zero out of the box. I've fired about 600 rounds so far and not 1 problem. My reloads run fine, if they ran in a pistol, they will run in this. With a red dot sight, very accurate up to the 100 yards I've shot at so far. Reason I started this project is that a 22 LR around here is 8-10 cents a shot when you can find them. I load cast boolit 9mm rounds for 4-5 cents a shot. Fine little rifle just for the grandkids to plink with. Costs =
    the assembled lower group that uses glock mags. = $250 or so
    The 9mm upper assembly with the charging handle and bolt = $350
    Mags and a cheap Bushnell red dot = $100+
    Total = $700 range
    A Colt made 9mm AR 15 = about $1100 base price
    PSA units show good quality and work well, happy with the end result of my project.
    Chris

Boolit Master
    Frontier Armory in LV sells an AR-type rifle that is scaled to use Glock magazines. I own one, and it a great self-defense and plinker, varmint shooter out to 100 yds with a red dot or Aimpoint.

Boolit Grand Master

I have nothing but good things to say about my RRA LAR-9. Fun, digests everything that will fit in the magazine, easy on the shoulder and cheap to shoot besides.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    I had absolute junk on several occasions with spinta precision bolts.carrier key screws are soft and shear off. I have had excellent luck with new frontier armory lowers and uppers and bolts.

Shingle, were those 5.56 bolts? The charging handle should be the only thing putting any stress on the key screws on the 9mm bolts besides the bolt abruptly stopping. I've got one PSA blem bolt (looks like it got tossed in a parts bin) and two Spinta blem bolts (one has a lighter spot of finish where it will eventually wear off anyway and one has some scratches behind the hammer slot on top before it was melonited). Spinta likely could of sold the bolts as standard and I wouldn't of balked at them. The Spinta uses two carrier key screws and the roll pin that locks the extractor to hold the key where as the PSA only has one carrier screw and the same roll pin. The Spinta weighs 15.4 ounces and the PSA weighs 14.4 ounces on my scale. Spinta has a melonite finish and PSA has a parkerized finish.

Check out "New frontier" for a midlevel 9mm AR set up...or check out "quarter circle 10" for their offerings. QC10 will be coming out with a MP5 magazine version of the 9mm lower but I'm sure it will cost a good penny. New frontier offers a 80% lower option if you like to make chips.

PSA has been pretty good I've heard. I would avoid COLTS and Olympic arms as the industry has surpassed their offerings.
    My firearms project blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12