Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Food/Things You Love, But Can't Get Where You Live?

Perm-Banned
    cant live without it and made it my self last night. lemon pudding, home made. and is it good.

Boolit Master
    I wish we had Lonestar beer and Del-Taco here in TN.

Boolit Master
    One that I miss here is Popeye`s(R) chicken.Altho,from what I have read,Hardees/Carl Jrs is looking to buy them out.If so,maybe that brand will be in the above mentioned restaurants.The closest for Popeye`s is a 100 mile round trip.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Jeff View Post
    Got hooked on a few foods while living there that I just can't get here ...
    I grew up and always lived on the East Coast, basically. Now in the green paradise of Alaska, you cannot get (or rarely get) Lebanon Bologna, TastyKake Butterscotch Krimpets, a plentiful supply of Scrapple, and Utz-branded snack foods. Those items were all staples when I grew up. Absolute power-food-of-the-gods. Now I'm like Samson with his hair cut, just a mortal man....
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    One that I miss here is Popeye`s(R) chicken.Altho,from what I have read,Hardees/Carl Jrs is looking to buy them out.If so,maybe that brand will be in the above mentioned restaurants.The closest for Popeye`s is a 100 mile round trip.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    I'm very lucky to have a Popeye's about 3 miles from my house. Only bummers are they discontinued their Jambalaya, and you can only get the strawberry cheesecake fried pies on occasion.

Boolit Grand Master
    Two things I can't find here anymore.
    1) Chefs Blend chili. IMHO, best can chili on the market.
    2) From my youth, Chip Steak. Really thin cut steak, with a special paper, you cook in a pan.
    I've tried other brands I could find. Nothing comes close to it.
    I also miss Churches and Pioneer chicken and Godfather Pizza.

Boolit Master

If I didn't live here I would miss:

Dukes Mayonnaise, Boiled peanuts, Fresh sweet corn, fried catfish, fresh okra, Garden tomatoes, Fresh shrimp, fresh oysters, jerusalem artichoke relish, Blenheim Ginger Ale, and Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I miss boudin.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master

Legal lead bullets

Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    If I didn't live here I would miss:

Dukes Mayonnaise, Boiled peanuts, Fresh sweet corn, fried catfish, fresh okra, Garden tomatoes, Fresh shrimp, fresh oysters, jerusalem artichoke relish, Blenheim Ginger Ale, and Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

I miss boudin.

You just made my mouf water. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Homer_drool.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	192046

Boolit Bub
    Especially this time of year I get a craving flung on me for BBQ from a place called Parkers in N. Carolina. Sweet tea, cole slaw, brunswick stew, pulled pork and homeade buns. A pilot friend and I have been known to have it so bad for that stuff we have flown low under the radar in his Porsche nonstop there and back to New Orleans just to get an icebox full to bring home. Just can't be duplicated no matter how hard we have tried.

Boolit Master
    I miss the real beer I got when growing up. In the early to late 1960s there was local made real beer. I miss the National Bohemian and Richbrow that was here in Va. And from my time on the left coast I miss the Oly and Hamms. I'm sure there are stuff with the same labels but it aint the same beer. 10

PS, and moonshine for $.65 a pint, and it was good, not like the imitation stuff in the package stores now.
    10 gauge: as per Robert Ruark, "use enough gun"

MOLON LABE

"I have a list, and am prepared for widespread civil disorder!" 10 ga

Anything my grandma cooked.

Somewhere angels are getting fat.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tallwalker View Post
    Especially this time of year I get a craving flung on me for BBQ from a place called Parkers in N. Carolina. Sweet tea, cole slaw, brunswick stew, pulled pork and homeade buns. A pilot friend and I have been known to have it so bad for that stuff we have flown low under the radar in his Porsche nonstop there and back to New Orleans just to get an icebox full to bring home. Just can't be duplicated no matter how hard we have tried.
    i go by Parkers everyday. Great stuff and always packed
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Perma-Banned
    Red Lobster is okay I guess but, would be nice if we had a real seafood restaurant in this area.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Anything my grandma cooked.

Somewhere angels are getting fat.

I hear you & totally agree. I'd give everything I own for a loaf of my granny's salt-risen bread & a pound of her good country butter made with the cream she kept in a big jar on the back porch for about a week before she churned it. sweet-cream butter can't hold a light to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    I hear you & totally agree. I'd give everything I own for a loaf of my granny's salt-risen bread & a pound of her good country butter made with the cream she kept in a big jar on the back porch for about a week before she churned it. sweet-cream butter can't hold a light to it.
    Man that sounds good! I'm a homemade bread *****!
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Same here on the bread. Had a roommate, his mom used to make the best bread. She had to make a dozen loaves at a time cause it wouldn't turn out right if she tried to reduce the recipe. She quit making it after her husband died because the reason she made it was he loved it so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    White River Fish Company on North Sheridan (west side of the airport) in Tulsa, with a new location in Broken Arrow.

Nelson's Buffeteria on South Memorial.

Coney Islander (I like the one downtown and the one @ 21st & Garnett).

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ in Broken Arrow next to Bass Pro.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Perma-Banned
    when granny made the salt-risen bread it was an all day event. she had a small broom closet fitted with shelves all the way to the top. she'd wrap all the loaves with unbleached muslin material & stack it in that closet. when a loaf was needed she'd get one out, sprinkle a little water on the cloth with the pop-bottle sprinkler he used when she ironed clothes, warm it in the oven enough to melt butter & it was good as the day it was made.

if you can't tell, I'm a bit of a bread ***** myself.

Boolit Master
    Two things I miss that are hard to come by in SoCal; hog jowl and my 2nd amendment rights.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567