Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Food/Things You Love, But Can't Get Where You Live?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Loudy13 View Post
    What?? I am going to have to look this up...Thank you
    The 12th Annual Garlic Festival will be August 12th, 2017
    McLeod County Fairgrounds in Hutchinson, MN 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
    Adults: $5,
    Kids under 12: free
    $1 Parking per vehicle

http://www.sfa-mn.org/garlicfest/
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by scarry scarney View Post
    Jonp - I tried the Garlic ice cream. Was good for the first couple of bites, then.....I'd happily trade all the garlic ice cream for a good cat fish fry house, with hush puppies and fried okra!!
    Im a real garlic fanatic and put it on everything from scrambled eggs to steak. Never forget coming down into Gilroy and all you can smell is garlic.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    The 12th Annual Garlic Festival will be August 12th, 2017
    McLeod County Fairgrounds in Hutchinson, MN 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
    Adults: $5,
    Kids under 12: free
    $1 Parking per vehicle

http://www.sfa-mn.org/garlicfest/
    Thanks for the info already scheduled it with the boss, she loves garlic!
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Boolit Master
    I have trouble finding perogies here. I love them either fried or boiled with chopped onions sauteed with a stick of butter until the onions are almost transparent, and pour the melted butter all over the cooked delicious perogies. I don't know how many I can consume since my last surgery, but prior to that I could eat almost a whole bag.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Old school rock salt range beef top rib roast ...... Can't even get from the place that hooked me on it .

There was a couple of home town donut shops that are long since gone I miss . They didn't have a single bad one in the case ever . The apple and cherry fritters ......I ain't had one in 20 yr that wasn't burned . The 1972 Schats Bavarian cream eclair is gone forever the old man must have taken the recipe to his grave ......

I find that the complex flavors I remember have been replaced by some stand up and slap you in the face intense single or double flavor . I don't like rye bread and toasted it's even more offensive , but add some yellow mustard , hot pastrami , real brine cure sourkraut , Swiss cheese and actual 1000 island dressing it's right tasty .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes.Fresh sea food.My idea of fresh seafood is this.It`s still kicking when it`s being cleaned.Used to go to the Sebastian Inlet to go shrimping.On a good trip we could get 150 to 200 pounds of 8 or 10 to a pound size.Yum,yum.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    If you travel out of New England there are 2 things you CANNOT get: lobster rolls and Moxie. If you have never tried Moxie, think liquid tires would taste like.
    It is definitely an acquired taste.
    A couple of years ago I was in Canada, saw a sign at a McDonald's advertising lobster rolls. I've done some silly things in my life. Just not that silly. Or brave.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Im a real garlic fanatic and put it on everything from scrambled eggs to steak. Never forget coming down into Gilroy and all you can smell is garlic.
    I worked in Newark for a while. When the wind was right, you could smell the garlic all the way from Gilroy.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    A couple of years ago I was in Canada, saw a sign at a McDonald's advertising lobster rolls.
    My first visit to NH in 2000 found McDonald's has lobster rolls for $3 each, and man they were GOOD! One entire lobster, tail and claw meat, white sauce, on a special bun that imo "makes" the roll.

We have a Cousins Maine Lobster food truck here that makes the same roll, they use the same bread, flown in overnite, they are $15 each and ppl stand in line over an hour to get one. Put it on a hot dog bun? Boring.. It's the bread that makes the roll.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    I miss JRECK's subs with extra peppers. Only franchised in New York. And their steak-bombs with extra peppers.

Boolit Master
    I would say the variety of fresh seafood I used to get back East. I gotta say that pickled Bologna looks great! And yes, I can't find that here in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I would say the variety of fresh seafood I used to get back East. I gotta say that pickled Bologna looks great! And yes, I can't find that here in Arizona.
    You can't even get cornbread mix here in AZ! LOL

Boolit Master
    If you want Moxie, try Cracker Barrel. I saw several bottles there this morning.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    Kogels out of Flint MI is tasty the pickled Red Hots are great also. An added bonus is if you get it in the jars when you finish with the bologna you can pickle eggs in same brine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Remembrance
    I have to say some of you guys eat stuff I have never heard of, and others even eat stuff I wouldn't pick up with my bare hand. lol

I reckon the thing I miss not available here is fresh okra, it just ain't happening. lol
    As far as eating out, it would be GOOD chicken fried steaks, we have em, we just don't have good ole Texas style chicken frys, plus for some reason here if you don't threaten them with life and limb, they will put brown gravy on what they call a chicken fry..

Boolit Master
    Washington Market pulled pork sandwiches and Brunswick Stew. Only available in Washington, GA.

Boolit Master
    There aren't many foods that I don't like. But I'm with Starmac, some of you guys eat some gross, primeval stuff! If I did eat some of that stuff I would never admit to it in public.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master

Fiddlehead Ferns in the Springtime. I used to get large brown paper grocery sacks full of them in the springtime in Maine. Boiled with some vinegar and real butter drizzled over the top and sprinkled with salt and fresh ground pepper!!!
    Officially they are called Ostrich Ferns but when you pick them in the spring before they uncurl their fronds, the shoots look like the end of a fiddle.
    https://fearlesseating.net/fiddleheads/
    Last edited by bruce drake; 03-23-2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: weblink added
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Cracklins
    Crawfish
    Shrimp
    Crabs
    Andouille sausage
    Boudan
    Oh Wait, I live in the middle of all this, Never mind.
    lol

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Come on you Michiganders . . . I haven't seen Vernor's Ginger Ale mentioned yet!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast