Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingStainLess Steel MediaWisconsin Trigger
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Graf & Sons

Thread: Mauser 308 Barreled Actions

Boolit Master

Mauser 308 Barreled Actions

I have two 98 Mauser barreled actions in 308 Win for sale. Other than a little clean-up, I purchased these the way they are. None of the work is mine. I planned to refresh these with a reblue and a stock but I have too many projects and these have to go. I have shot both of these (with a 308291 sized .309 over 7.0 Unique) just to make sure they work. The BCD shot OK and the 1909 shot quite well. I have done no stock bedding or load development on either.

First is a BCD Mauser. Looks like it has a 2 groove military barrel fitted to it. The blueing shows wear and it looks by the camera flash that it may have some old freckling under the blueing. Low scope handle and safety. Standard 45/46 scope bases fit. It is used and shows quite a bit of wear. Caliber is not marked. Biggest flaw are all the extra holes in the sidewall. Looking for $150 plus shipping.

Next is a Peruvian 1909 Oberndorf Mauser with some sort of commercial barrel in .308. Caliber marked on the barrel and the barrel has some proof markings. I think the barrel was probably pulled from a commecial Mauser or other rifle. As you can see from the pics the action has quite a bit of pitting. It has been cleaned up before blueing and most of the pitting is below the stock line. The outside of the barrel also has some pitting, mostly near the muzzle. My guess is someone grabbed it by the barrel when the put it away X years ago and the rusting is from fingerprints. Bolt altered for scope. Standard 45/46 bases fit. Single stage military type trigger. Also some rust on the trigger guard.. Basically the rifle could stand a refinish. Looking for $200 plus shipping.

Both rifles need to go to an FFL holder. I am a private citizen. Figure shipping on 8# from 33947. Extra insurance if you want it, signature confirmation required. Payment by postal money order please.

First I’ll take it followed by a PM. Additional pictures added below. Thanks for taking the time to read all this…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hole1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	190953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orb1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	190954

Boolit Master
    BCD Mauser.

Last edited by RustyReel; 03-18-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Boolit Master

1909 Oberndorf

1909 Oberndorf

Ok ok ok twist my arm. I'll take em

Boolit Master
    BCD was code for who? Great deal by the way!

Boolit Master
    SPF to mwells72774. Thanks!