RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accurate molds

Boolit Master
    I just got a used accurate mold from a member here and I am impressed with the quality of Tom's work.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Great molds and great customer service!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I have Tom manufacture steel molds for my Automated Master Caster, the molds work very well in my Master Caster. A coustom mold from a good CAD is all Tom requires to make the mold.
    Very accurate machining of the molds.
    I design the bullet shape with SolidWorks so as to determine the volume of the bullet design and develope the drawing from the solid model.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    On Tuesday March 21 at 7:32 pm I sent him an email requesting a custom mold. I received confirmation from Tom at 9:04 pm, an hour and a half later, that the mold was added to the catalog. Put order in at 10:37 pm and received confirmation. I will update this thread when I get it. Regardless, that is crazy good service for a custom mold.
    Got mold on March 31
    So 8 days from custom order to receipt
    Crazy good service
    Crazy good mold

Boolit Master
    I just cast the first 500 bullets from the 5 cav Accurate 35-130 C I bought from a member here, really nice bullets and a pleasure to cast with. I used the 6 cav Lee handles and cam, very smooth to operate and less fatigue.

Boolit Master
    Just ordered another mold from Tom for my Mosin. I anxiously await its arrival.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Buddy

Accurate molds are the best I've ever owned. I have several and wouldn't consider any other. When I want a new mold I just go straight to the Accurate website. Where else can you specify the dimensions you want and get exactly what you ask for inside of a week for a great price. I sure hope Tom doesn't retire anytime soon because there's still a lot of designs/dimensions I haven't tried yet, and also revolvers I haven't bought yet that'll likely need a mold for boolits specific to them.

Perma-Banned
    I have 2 new molds coming from Accurate, been ANXIOUSLY checking the mail! Tom's work is TOP SHELF!!

Boolit Grand Master
    If I said it once I have said it a thousand times
    Tom is da man
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    I have 2 new molds coming from Accurate, been ANXIOUSLY checking the mail! Tom's work is TOP SHELF!!
    I've been waiting exactly 3 weeks and still no mold.

I've ordered 2 in the past and gotten them in about a week as others have stated.

I emailed him about my most recent pending order and got a response back indicating he really is 4 weeks out.

Hoping I receive it sometime next week.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I recently bought a four cavity mold from Tom , excellent quality . I wish his molds were available when I started casting .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    I'm on my seventh one. I remember saying "I'll try one of his molds" and now the seventh. Six are aluminum and I did get a brass mold too. The brass is a work of art and casts beautiful bullets. The mainstay are the aluminum molds of course. Great molds, FANTASTIC customer service, and incredibly fast turn-around time in the past for me. If this one takes a month, it is worth the wait!

Boolit Buddy
    Tar Heel...I ordered a mold on April 30 that looks a lot like the one in your avatar photo. It is a 43-275 gc mold. I should have it in 7-10 days. It will be my second Accurate mold and I hope it makes beautiful boolets just like the first one does. Maybe the next one will be brass.

Boolit Master
    I'm not an "A" class caster, but what I've seen and used, one could not ask for more!!!!!
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Master
    I hadn't thought about it until now, but I also have (at least) seven molds. All iron. They are great! I have to stay off his website as ..I ...order more...dang it...I'll be over here http://www.accuratemolds.com/catalog.php for a while.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    So you're saying that even a bling dog finds a good mold now and again ?

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 762sultan View Post
    Tar Heel...I ordered a mold on April 30 that looks a lot like the one in your avatar photo. It is a 43-275 gc mold. I should have it in 7-10 days. It will be my second Accurate mold and I hope it makes beautiful boolets just like the first one does. Maybe the next one will be brass.
    The avatar photo is from an NEI mold that SSK industries commissioned many many years ago. I think I bought that mold from SSK Industries in '89 or '90. It is a 345gr .451 bullet which I shoot in the 454 Casull. That mold was one of the original molds in aluminum when the nay-sayers were bashing aluminum molds. I am sure that Tom has a comparable mold in his catalog. The original NEI molds were superb as are Tom's molds.

That bullet is a real game getter too. It will flat ANCHOR a wild boar and will drop a deer like it hit a telephone pole. J.D. Jones designed that bullet for his hard hitting handguns among which is the 454 Casull. You will know you have lit off a handful with this one atop a full dose of H110.

I hope you enjoy your mold when it arrives and get many long hours in the casting room making the perfect bullets we all strive. Shoot Safe!

Attachment 196338

Just received my new 45-230MZ after exactly 3 weeks and 1 day from the date of order. It is perfect and running 2 at once, I blasted through an entire Promelt pot super fast!

Definitely worth the wait!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170527_083104.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	196353

Perma-Banned
    [QUOTE=rototerrier;4057939]Just received my new 45-230MZ after exactly 3 weeks and 1 day from the date of order. It is perfect and running 2 at once, I blasted through an entire Promelt pot super fast!

Definitely worth the wait!

COOL!! Maybe i will get mine today? I am in the 3 week mark on 1 of them, Tom has been REALLY quick, the Quality of his molds are Second to NONE! I have a handful of other molds i will be having him do. I love a bullet with Meplat, Accurate Molds is my GO TO!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    So you're saying that even a bling dog finds a good mold now and again ?

Jack
    Yup!
    USMC 6638

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast