Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Cooker Ribs

Boolit Grand Master

Slow Cooker Ribs

Gonna try this today. I'll report back. Mine will be country style ribs that are on sale. Pics later.

http://getinmybelly.com/slow-cooker-...-stop-talking/

SHiloh
    Last edited by Shiloh; 03-18-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for posting this , if they taste 1/2 as good as they look this will be a winner. Been looking for different slow cooker recipes like this ! Country style ribs are now on my shopping list , we love em too and usually priced right !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Funny you should post this since I just tried this same recipe about 2 weeks ago! They were very, very good. I wanted to finish them up on the BBQ just to get a bit of a "char" on them and add a bit more BBQ rib sauce, but they were falling apart when I took them out of the slow cooker so I didn't get to do that in the end. Made a great meal ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master

Picture of Ribs

I wanted to finish on the BBQ myself. The recipe didn't say to brown them, but I did. Notice my new Lodge skillet that I'm browning them in?? They are in the crock pot as we speak.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Browned Country Ribs 3-18-17.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	190987

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

Waiting on Crock Pot Country Ribs update !
    Went shopping yesterday and they didn't have any country ribs, messed up my plan to put them on this morning for supper(dinner ?) tonight. Going to get some today , Monday night supper(dinner ?) will work !
    Gary
    I still call the evening meal supper. The noon meal is dinner (lunch ?) I'm so glad breakfast is still breakfast....or has that changed ?
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    Outstanding results gentlemen. 3 1/2 hours on high. Plenty done. They broke apart with a fork. Any longer and they may have been too done.

I didn't have 2 cups of BBQ sauce. I substituted Asian hoisin sauce, Asian swet chile sauce, and for the vinegar some Black Cherry balsamic I got in Stillwater MN on the St Croix river. http://shop.stillwateroliveoil.com/B...inegars_c6.htm

I should have taken pics. Next time.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Mouf is watering. Bookmarked.

Moderator Emeritus

Another tasty way to make them is shake in seasoned flour then deep fry! The crust seals in the moisture and they get fairly tender. Not falling apart but a different way to make them that is not bad at all! Since most country style ribs are more from the loin than the shoulder they can be cooked faster and still be good.

Boolit Grand Master

I bought country ribs Sunday , my daughter comes along Sunday afternoon, spoils my slow cooker plans by cooking them outside on the smoker/grill , finished them off in the cooker with Sweet Baby Ray's , my favorite.....so much for my cooking plans .
    I can't complain....anytime someone else cooks...It's GOOD !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master
    Anytime someone else cooks and it tastes good it's even better.
    The rains will come soon, at least up here. then it will be slow cooker weekends. soggy shooting and slow cookers.
    Gotta do what you gotta do.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Boolit Master
    I just put some in the slow cooker.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Holly moley this recipe is HOT. Must cut down on the pepper next time, great taste but HOT

We will brown next time
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post

Holly moley this recipe is HOT. Must cut down on the pepper next time, great taste but HOT

We will brown next time
    1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper.....yeah , this much is for the " Some Like it Hot" crowd , and some brands of ground cayenne pepper are hotter than others. I would start with 1/4 Teaspoon and see how that tastes , you could probably omit it altogether as the chili powder will have some heat in it.
    When I make chili , I don't add any extra cayenne and the chili powder has enough heat in it for us.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I like to brown them in my cast iron dutch oven and then toss them in the oven with the lid on for about 3 hours. A little beef or other stock i have sitting around and my spice mix makes them fall apart with sauce optional.

Thanks for the recipe Shiloh, I will give it a try out with the family over the Easter weekend.
    They look good.

Boolit Grand Master
    Enjoy.
    Fighting chance with the weather being what it is, we'll have them Easter weekend as well.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

I was doing this a couple of years ago and really liked the outcome. Last year I switched to using my Weber charcoal but I double wrapped the ribs in extra heavy foil and indirect heat. I turned the ribs about halfway through the cook time. This year I am using my new Pit Barrell BBQ. I have done a chick and a pork loin on it so far. I am planning on smoking a ham for Easter dinner right now and some ribs for Memorial day. Check out https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/. I added the US Army plate to mine.

Going to give ribs a try. Thanks for idea.

I love me some country style ribs, might have to try this out.

Boolit Grand Master
    Country ribs are $1.89 a lb. Weather is gonna be iffy. Crockpot ribs.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

Bertrand de Jouvenel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast