Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your thoughts on auto chargers - RCBS Chargemaster, Lyman, Hornady, etc.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Yes that would be repeatable but the chargemaster can't do that. They have a resolution to the tenth of a grain +\-.

I have rigged up a 5-0-5 beam scale so it can repeat charges to +\- a single kernel of powder, much more repeatable.

This video is pretty short and sort of illustrates what I am talking about.

So the RCBS with that powder and +\- .1 grain equals a difference of up to 12 kernels, if that is your definition of "the same", they will work just fine.
    I'm getting all weaponized autistic about your AO; from the flat nasal twang, got to be big 10 country. But which one?

4 chan was able to find Shia Ledouche's flag from flight info, star maps, and a local driving around beeping the car horn. I don't have any of that. So this is going to be a lot tougher.

Maybe you could post you post your address???? SS number, bank info, driver's license??? I'm not autistic...

Boolit Master
    @jmorris what did you do to the dampening on that 5-0-5? I get the addition of the sensor to control the trickler motor, but it is cycling far faster than the balance seems capable of settling, and seems to work in spite of the balance not having settled.

The scales are as they came from the factory no modifications.

It would be a lot slower than a CM 1500 except for the bulk is thrown from a measure and it only trickles in the last few tenths.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post

It would be a lot slower than a CM 1500 except for the bulk is thrown from a measure and it only trickles in the last few tenths.
    Something else to think about when using an auto trickler like this is - It really doesn't matter how heavy the load your weighing, it takes the same time - 15 grains or 70 grains just the same.

If you can set your measure to throw just .5 grain light the trickle time is just a few seconds. Far quicker than I can seat a bullet, there's always a weighed charge in the pan waiting for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123