Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a problem...

I have a problem...

Went to the range today after work. Just wanted a quick session with my SP101 before I picked up my wife. I need to make it a tradition to come here after the snow melts. It was like picking wildflowers in a mountain meadow. 45, 40, 9mm, 38 Cal. Boolits and bullets everywhere, just laying there.I think I spent more time picking range flowers than shooting. I finally had to stop because it was time to pick up my wife. Not to mention my cargo work pants were starting to be pulled down. Still had a good practice though.

Yeah I'm hooked.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Remember to keep a bucket in the trunk for next time

Moderator Emeritus

sometimes Onions come in fishnet type of nylon bags. I keep a couple of those in my range bag.

This is a orange/grapefruit bag, works for brass
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    I akways have 2 two lb coffee can with me. 1 for the stuff I shoot and another for the range brass. I pick up all I can, take it home, sort it out. The stuff I don't use, I bring it back for the next guy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    JonB - what kind of sand is that stuffed in those shells. We don't have that kind of shells on our beaches in FL, nor that kind of sand!
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

In Remembrance
    We have a small public range 36 miles out of town, just two dilapidated benches there. Last year about this time of year, my wife and I went out there, snow was too deep to wade out too far to put targets, so we just plinked at short range, but I picked up two boxes of shiny 45/70 brass laying on top of the snow.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ghh3rd View Post
    JonB - what kind of sand is that stuffed in those shells. We don't have that kind of shells on our beaches in FL, nor that kind of sand!
    Those are special kind of shells left behind after local police qualifications ...and that's some of the coolest sand around.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

Boolit Master
    I can't speak for JonB, but that sand looks like a winter blend.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Banned

blend of water and cold.
    got plenty of it around here.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Those are special kind of shells left behind after local police qualifications ...and that's some of the coolest sand around.
    We have a little 100 yard sand pit just on the outskirts of town where everybody goes to shoot, even Law Enforcement, easy to tell when the LEOs have been there, they leave a PILE of brass. Must be nice to shoot away with ZERO worries about running low on ammo, or it costing you a fortune. I find lots of loaded rounds on the ground, they either dropped or cleared and left laying on the ground. I made a screen shaker box to sift the sand banks for lead, works like a dream!!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Not to mention ice fishing really sucks where you are!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Vendor Sponsor

Looks like excessive Chem Trail sprayings to me
    or could be snowman seeds
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    We have a little 100 yard sand pit just on the outskirts of town where everybody goes to shoot, even Law Enforcement, easy to tell when the LEOs have been there, they leave a PILE of brass. Must be nice to shoot away with ZERO worries about running low on ammo, or it costing you a fortune. I find lots of loaded rounds on the ground, they either dropped or cleared and left laying on the ground. I made a screen shaker box to sift the sand banks for lead, works like a dream!!
    "cleared" is most likely, I also have a bag of loaded rounds I've recovered when I'm picking up their brass.

I was a volunteer with the City police reserves, so I've been along to help with many of these qualifications. In the last 5 years, they try to do them at night and during the winter, I think the training office is a bit sadistic. One of the Quals utilize a moving squad car, suddenly stopping, officer gets out, ducks behind the open door, shoots target. They do this at several distances. Why do I mention that? well, after all that driving of a squad car on the range, all the brass is frozen in, in tightly packed snow, so it's only recoverable during a warm spell.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 03-18-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A container of some sort will be a must for future trips. I like the orange bag idea for the brass.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

It is not a problem. It is a communicable disease!

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has determined the vector for spreading this disease is easily blocked!
    Massive self control is required to block it as the vector is reloading and casting equipment.

So send all of that stuff to me and you'll eventually recover and lead a mindless sheeple life.
    Also remember, the tooling must be useable when the next victim receives it, so use plenty of "Portraits of Dead Presidents" as packing material. You can also substitute USPS Money Orders, travelers checks, etc. Never use Wally World money orders because they are known to bounce and break the magical spell.
    He he!

Enjoy this magic formula:

Brass + reloading tools + lead + mould + boolit sizing equipment + lube + powder + primers = Lotsa Ammo

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    You are ruining the balance of nature . . . if you leave those there, they will eventually take root and grow in to guns!

Sounds like the "pickin's" were good and a nice way to bring in spring! Sometimes people look at me like I'm nuts when I pick up brass and fill my pockets with it . . . we all have our hobbies! Brass pickers should make Hillary ad all the tree huggers happy - after all. we are doing our share to "recycle".

Boolit Master
    four large zip-loc bags, folded up and zipped into the fifth can always be found under the seat of my car.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GL49 View Post
    four large zip-loc bags, folded up and zipped into the fifth can always be found under the seat of my car.
    I like this plan!!!

Boolit Buddy
    The guys at the range who look at you when 1. You immediately start looking for the brass after firing. 2. You start bending over like a chicken at feeding time to pick up the brass your eagle eye has seen on the ground.😆

ARE NOT RELOADERS!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Get most of my brass from leftovers on the range from people who don't reload .I'm just being green to save the planet etc.��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast