Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Sarco shipping.........

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

Sarco shipping.........

I wasn't sure where else to put this, so.....

Did you ever get the feeling that you're the target of a malevolent fate? You know....you're the guy that buys a new appliance and it's faulty right out of the box? You buy a new pick up and that particular year turns out to be the worst quality from that manufacturer? Sigh..........

I ordered a badly needed M1 carbine bolt disassembly tool from Sarco on Sunday (19th) of this month. I received an email Monday (21st) that the order was now "in the warehouse".....whatever that means. Today is the 27th and I just discovered they provide a tracking number, so I thought I'd check on its progress. According to that number, the post office has been notified that the package is ready to be picked up. So it's been sitting for a week????

I realize Sarco probably ships an awful lot of stuff for any given day, but come on guys! Has anyone else experienced shipping delays from them?

Edit: UPDATE: Definition of "irony"......I just received an email from Sarco, saying my tool has been shipped....eight days after I placed the order.
    Last edited by 3006guns; 03-27-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Boolit Master

Those post office pick ups are nice for the sender but will delay the package at least a day or more.

Boolit Master
    or you go to the post office and find they have record of shipping but it never made it into your hands. I get ALL items now thru fedx or ups. Only gun parts fall short of my destination and it makes you wander???
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guns View Post
    I wasn't sure where else to put this, so.....

Did you ever get the feeling that you're the target of a malevolent fate? You know....you're the guy that buys a new appliance and it's faulty right out of the box? You buy a new pick up and that particular year turns out to be the worst quality from that manufacturer? Sigh..........

I ordered a badly needed M1 carbine bolt disassembly tool from Sarco on Sunday (19th) of this month. I received an email Monday (21st) that the order was now "in the warehouse".....whatever that means. Today is the 27th and I just discovered they provide a tracking number, so I thought I'd check on its progress. According to that number, the post office has been notified that the package is ready to be picked up. So it's been sitting for a week????

I realize Sarco probably ships an awful lot of stuff for any given day, but come on guys! Has anyone else experienced shipping delays from them?

Edit: UPDATE: Definition of "irony"......I just received an email from Sarco, saying my tool has been shipped....eight days after I placed the order.

A week and you are complaining? you must be new to SARCO. in the past.. months wasn't unheardof.

1 Week is like same day delivery in comparison.

Boolit Master
    I found The USPO pick up system Is The worst. I had a Large Flat Rate going Out. I needed a pick up. Every Day The mail Guy came and said he could not pick it Up. since he did not do Pick ups. . he never Knew anyone who Picked up. After a week I brought it my self.
    Your Problem could be a Combo of both Sarco and The PO.
    Most business refuse to use the Po. because of Bad handling and refusing to Pick up
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

Thanks for the input guys. As of today (3/28) it STILL shows waiting to be picked up. My only hope is that the P.O. tracking system is at fault. I've had that happen in the past, where no progress is shown and the item suddenly appears at your door. Then when you check the tracking it now shows all of the stops, sort of like magic.

Sorry to hear SARCO has such a miserable shipping reputation. Gun owners can be really cranky and if I were a supplier I'd be jumping through hoops to make sure they got their purchases quickly. Of course, that's just me..........

My first purchase from SARCO was really great, I phoned in and talked with an actual floor salesman who hand picked what I wanted and shipping was fast. I think I had it within a week. My second purchase was also a phone order with one of the girls, after several weeks I called back to find out what was the hold up, (I was told the item was in stock when I ordered it). She said they process computer orders first and if I wanted faster service, that's the way I should have ordered it. Okay third purchase with SARCO, I ordered off the computer...no faster! It still took the better part of a month to get the part.

I don't deal with them anymore.

In Remembrance

I may just be lucky but every time I have ordered from them I have it in a week or less. May it is the C&R licence I sent them?
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master

Update: Wonder of wonders! My tool has suddenly appeared in Reno, Nevada......it's last stop before delivery to my little town and should be here today.

"Only" eleven days from when the order was placed. Guess I should be grateful really......