StainLess Steel MediaInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Graf & SonsADvertise hereLee Precision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old manuals

Just finished collecting all the manuals from Lyman on cast boolit handbooks #1 thru 4

Happy camper at last.

Here is great resource for out of Print Publications for firearms, gunsmithing reloading ect.
    http://www.cornellpubs.com/index.php

Boolit Master

Go here
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...online-sources

go to the "Lyman cast bullet Handbook Link and you'll find a link to several older manuals and data sources (27 to be exact)

and several other links

Better watch those old manuals. For example that first manual for Hornady in 1967 that has only rifle loads. I gave Hornady a call and asked them about some loads in there particularly the 308 loads. I said some of them seem very hot. He says "My God! Throw that manual away, no burn it!" I guessed right when I aske "Powder changed since then, huh?" He said yes that it did very much and many of the top loads are downright dangerous. They may be a good starting point using the beginning loads.

It's interesting too, to read the little right up on each cartridge. Since much time has passed many of them are really wrong and downright funny. One for example is the 32 Special. Some manuals say that it's in it's obsolescence and won't be around much longer. That was way back then. It's still around. Many of them are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by vzerone View Post
    Better watch those old manuals. For example that first manual for Hornady in 1967 that has only rifle loads. I gave Hornady a call and asked them about some loads in there particularly the 308 loads. I said some of them seem very hot. He says "My God! Throw that manual away, no burn it!" I guessed right when I aske "Powder changed since then, huh?" He said yes that it did very much and many of the top loads are downright dangerous. They may be a good starting point using the beginning loads.

It's interesting too, to read the little right up on each cartridge. Since much time has passed many of them are really wrong and downright funny. One for example is the 32 Special. Some manuals say that it's in it's obsolescence and won't be around much longer. That was way back then. It's still around. Many of them are funny.
    I really don't think that the old loads are that dangerous, there is not a history of handloaders blowing up guns, using this data.

I collect old reloading manuals, it a great resource for find data on old cartridges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12