Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: response time from noe to email?

response time from noe to email?

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place but you guys seem to do a lot of business with NOE. I sent an email early in the week asking about a listed 8mm mold on his site that is listed as out of stock, I wanted to know when or if it was going into the production schedule. I used the contact form on his site. Then I sent an email directly to him on Wednesday using the email address that is listed on his site.

The question is what is the normal turn around time for a response?

How do you guys contact him?

Thanks,

Boolit Master
    Accurate molds very very fast turn around

Super Moderator

Noe's email response time can be hit & miss, not his top priority obviously. In the past, when I never got a response I just called him. I have been ordering my molds from Accurate lately, very fast turn around even on customs and very good communication.

Same experience as you. Could take days to a week to get a response, if ever.

Thanks,
    I needed to know if this was normal response or my inquiries were falling into the bit bucket between here and there...

Boolit Master
    Only dealt with Al once and his turn around was immediate.

Generally though when you have a mold that needs a re-run it's done via his forum and works similar to a group buy. A group of us used this method to get a re-run on his 402-160. It's his way of knowing what to run when I guess.

Boolit Grand Master

If you need to talk to him then call. He's busy in the shop making the products. If you want a production run for a mold then start a thread about it on his forum. This shows interest from multiple people and gets it on the schedule quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    If you need to talk to him then call. He's busy in the shop making the products. If you want a production run for a mold then start a thread about it on his forum. This shows interest from multiple people and gets it on the schedule quicker.
    My experience too. When I order, molds go out the next day, never been disappointed!
    hc18flyer

I suspect interest would be fairly low, it's for a buddy's 318 Westley Richards. It takes .330 bullets and he is looking for 240-250 grain bullet. I already have the lee for my 8x56R that works but he wants closer to the original weight bullet. That's why I didn't go the group buy route in addition to being waaay to new on this site to start honchoing a group buy.

Boolit Master

if you need to talk to him then call. He's busy in the shop making the products. If you want a production run for a mold then start a thread about it on his forum. This shows interest from multiple people and gets it on the schedule quicker.
    ^^^^^^this^^^^^^
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I suspect interest would be fairly low, it's for a buddy's 318 Westley Richards. It takes .330 bullets and he is looking for 240-250 grain bullet. I already have the lee for my 8x56R that works but he wants closer to the original weight bullet. That's why I didn't go the group buy route in addition to being waaay to new on this site to start honchoing a group buy.
    What you want is not a group buy. It's a listed mold so it would be an inventory run. You don't have to honcho anything. Start a thread and if there is enough interest it will be moved to the active inventory run forum. Al takes care of everything from there.

If it's for an oddball bullet then I suggest you go to Accurate. Don't get me wrong. I love NOE's molds. But if it's not in stock I look elsewhere.

What you want is not a group buy. It's a listed mold so it would be an inventory run. You don't have to honcho anything. Start a thread and if there is enough interest it will be moved to the active inventory run forum. Al takes care of everything from there.

If it's for an oddball bullet then I suggest you go to Accurate. Don't get me wrong. I love NOE's molds. But if it's not in stock I look elsewhere.
    What I'm looking for is a standard mold that is listed on his website, just not in stock. I'm surprised at the number of people that say calling is the best, typically from a business stand point I can respond to a dozen email questions during the time it takes me to handle one phone call. Most companies now want as much as possible done through email. It is just more efficient even though it is more impersonal. I didn't see anything on Accurate's site that quite fit the bill. NOE's 326-242-RN 326331 looks like it would fit the bill perfectly. I may wait it out a little longer, I already have a bullet that works, I think this one might work a little better. Dia. is a little small, but I can beagle the mold and shoot as cast. This is a semi-long term project.

Thanks for the answers and suggestions.

Boolit Master

I'm an email type person myself, but most gun people who WORK on guns and gun stuff tend to be phone-call types. I wouldn't sweat it. Post a thread on his discussion forum, someone will address it eventually.

His molds are worth the wait. Especially if you like hollowpoints.

Boolit Grand Master

Accurate will make you whatever you want. Give him the dimensions and a few weeks later a brand new mold will be at your door.

Boolit Master

Accurate will make you whatever you want.
    Unless you want a hole in the front of it.

Seriously, I have never heard a bad word about them and I want to try one of their molds, but if you want a HP, convincing ten other shooters to sign up for a NOE group buy is the best way to get it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by C. Latch View Post
    Unless you want a hole in the front of it.
    You're correct. But if that's what I wanted I will wait years for one from MP. I found the RG molds to be to difficult to cast consistent bullets w/. Once you've used a Cramer style it's had to use anything else.

Banned

I have 5 Accurate molds
    Even when Tom designed and cataloged a custom mold, they have all arrived in days not weeks. And yes, Mihec MP molds are worth the wait. He is stocking more on his store these days.

Boolit Master

You're correct. But if that's what I wanted I will wait years for one from MP. I found the RG molds to be to difficult to cast consistent bullets w/. Once you've used a Cramer style it's had to use anything else.
    I have both, and prefer the NOE molds, not because the HP system is better (I have no real preference between the two styles) but because I do not enjoy casting with brass molds. To each his own.

Boolit Master
    Email is not a good form of communication for NOE. His forum is the way to get a mold going or request a rerun on another mold that is out of stock. It is about waiting and finding others who may have the same interest in the mold you are after. I started a forum thread on the NOE site, put up a feeler thread here and another one on a different forum to gauge interest and after zip interest on a rerun I moved forward to another mold maker. My decision to go a different route yielded me my own design and in weeks time I had a custom mold that I was casting with in my garage. NOE does make fine molds and his customer service has been excellent for me when what you want is in stock.

I did want a HP mold however the wait time of who knows helped me make a decision to go another direction.

Boolit Buddy
    I have messaged him on his forum and had an answer within a day many times. Can't remember any delays in any dealings with NOE.