Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Scammer

Boolit Bub

Scammer

Beware of this person Sales10001 his e-mail is salested31@gmail.com he registers and replies to WTB ads saying he has the thing you want and to send POMO to a false address He request that you send the funds priority mail he then knows exactly when the mail arrives and steal the letter he then has a way of removing all the information on the POMO then cashes it I lost $180.00 to this guy don't want to see any one else become a victim of this scam If get a reply to a WTB make sure you verify who he is ask him where he saw the ad chance are you will never hear from him again

Boolit Master

if he is a site member you need to contact a moderator and report it.

Moderator Emeritus

I have reported this to staff.
    I attempted to lookup the user "Sales10001", it doesn't exist?

if a person/scammer registers on CB for such a scam, I don't believe they can delete their own account? I could be wrong?
    Anyway, the Staff will look into it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Wasn't there a thread like this with the same scammer name recently?
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Cast Boolits Owner

We have no members presently or past with either the screen name or e-mail address you have provided. Also, members cannot delete their screen names -only I can. How did you meet this person.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ourway77 View Post
    Beware of this person Sales10001 his e-mail is salested31@gmail.com he registers and replies to WTB ads saying he has the thing you want and to send POMO to a false address He request that you send the funds priority mail he then knows exactly when the mail arrives and steal the letter he then has a way of removing all the information on the POMO then cashes it I lost $180.00 to this guy don't want to see any one else become a victim of this scam If get a reply to a WTB make sure you verify who he is ask him where he saw the ad chance are you will never hear from him again

Quick google of the email shows that it's been a problem at graybeards and Smith and Wesson forums.

That said, I'm curious how you know that he steals the letter and changes the information on the money order? I understand that you lost whatever you paid for the MO, but did the postal inspector investigate and tell you these details? I've always been interested in fraud investigations.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/lounge/...t-achaiba.html