Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Pistol Caliber Carbine?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Freeandcold View Post
    TNW Aero Survival Rifle
    Very simple design. Easy to clean. Easy to convert to 9mm, 40 s&w, 45, 10mm, 357 sig...
    Much cleaner look and feel compared to Hi-point, which I also own.

Only potential 'issues' are
    Slide does not lock back on empty
    Price (compared to Hi-point, especially)
    Trigger is not fantastic
    I have one of these as well, got mine used. It came with 40 and 9mm barrels and bolt faces. Uses Glock mags, we have Glock 40 caliber pistols so lots of mags. The only down side the rifle does not like knock off mags, but factory Glock mags work great. Trigger is a bit off but workable. Feed ramp needs a bit of polishing, FMJ shot great, cast would hang from time to time.
    Something else, mine came with out sights, I have a set of cheap folding sights on mine. After a few sight in shots it hit where we aimed it. I had been looking for a carbine in 40S&W for a good bit, this popped up and I took it. The barrel comes of and back on in less than a NY min. LOL makes for putting it in a bag to carry easy. Barrel would easy to thread for a can.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Just watched a Hickok45 video on the 40 S&W version. It has a lot of appeal.

Got tired of the mediocrity and ho-hum performance of most of the 9mm carbines I have, so I sold all but my MechTech and ordered this....

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/ar9-carbine/

Spendy? Yes..but whens the last time you seen a sub-MOA 9mm carbine? They don't guarantee that but the reviews say the accuracy is just downright impressive.

*sigh*..now I get to wait. It'll be close to fall before it's built and shipped.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Sure is a great looking rifle. What options did you go with?

Boolit Master

CMMG just came out with a new 45 ACP AR with an interesting bolt set up.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product-category/rifles/45-acp/

Banned
    hope it works out for you, still love my Mech-tec. Sub MOA on a pistol caliber carbine is still short range

I have a KT Sub 2000 in .40 S&W using Glock mags. It is a pretty sound gun that carries well and shoots good too. One of the better points of the gun is it's ability to fold in half and not take up much space.

These guns take a little getting used to as the cheek weld is different than most guns, but once you get the hang of it it's something you won't be without. Mine has an offset Bushnell TRS 25 so you have to tilt the gun to make it work. It also has aftermarket sights in the stock position so I can go back and forth just by slightly tilting the gun.

Mine is a Gen One with the Kel-Tec Accessory Fore End which allows the mounting of anything you could imagine.

These guns are better off being kept as light as possible. This one is good to go day or night.

It fits in a small backpack and I have mags all the way out to 22 and 31 rounds so there is plenty of firepower.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123