Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Bullet Company?

Boolit Mold

Western Bullet Company?

l am new to the forum and joined to see if anyone knows about this company. I've tried to contact them by phone and e-mail with zero success. They make/made a 41 Colt bullet that I'd like to order and if no longer in business I will need some further assistance, thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    I used a truck load of them .but haven't seen or heard of them in a long time.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Accurate Molds can cut you a heeled one for .41 Colt.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

I make and sell Lyman's 356177 heeled bullet. Soft cast at about 194 grains and comes out at least .408 diameter. Should be a pic in the WTS section. .10 each. I have put 500 in a small flat rate shipping for 7.15 but the one time I did, the box arrived in TX from Indian broke open. The buyer did get most of his bullets and I'll make it right. If I send that many again, I will double box and wrap wrapping tap over the entire box. The other 3 orders of 300 in a flat rate box arrived fine. Let me know.

I'd say he's still in business, at least from the fact that the web site layout changed from the last time I looked at it about 2 months ago. I haven't ordered from there but do know getting ahold of someone is pretty hard.
    But I'd also say smkummer has the better deal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    I don't post here much, but have followed some of the threads.
    I would caution you before you order from them, if it's not too late.
    I am still trying to have some type of communication from Western Bullet company from an order placed on January 16 of this year.
    Order Status

Confirmation

Order Status:
    Tracking:
    Order Date: 01/16/2017
    Order Number: WBC-4160

I have sent several emails inquiring on the order/ship status with no response. Dialing the number listed on their contact page rings forever. No answer, no message, no answering machine. Nothing.
    Emails have been sent to orders, Jon (owner), info email boxes. I have referenced the order number. I have replied to the order confirmation email. All to no avail.
    I had actually emailed the info address to ask about the bullets before placing the order and had a response. So, I ordered, paid via Paypal on their Yahoo merchant page. And it stopped there.
    At this point I am out $61 as I can't recover it from Paypal.

I found this thread after another search for Western Bullets to see if I could find an alternate means of contacting them.
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

Boolit Mold

reL Western bullett CO, Missoula, Mt

Western Bullet CO. P.O.Box 998, 904 Kensington Ave., Missoula, MT 59806 (406-728-4801) should be avoided.

Short version;
    - un responsive
    - no confirmation of orders placed
    - do not return emails
    - do not respond to calls at the listed phone number (406-728-4801)

Long Version;
    Originally, in search of a "Collar Button" bullet (0.457 Dia / 190 Gr weight) vendor Vs casting my self.

Tried several other ways of communicating with Western Bullet all to no avail.
    1 - contacted Missoula Chamber Of Commerce "Not a member". they do not know who runs the co.
    2 - contacted Missoula "Municipal Court" talked to Stacy - 406-552-6180, she stated they are a ligitimate business , she suggested the "BBB".
    3 - contacted the Missoula Police 406-552-6300, said they know of the biz. location "..a small plaza", suggested going to Civil Claims court
    4 - filed complaint with "BBB" in Spokane Wa. BBB N. W., Spokane, WA 406-303-3296 or 509-455-4200 (The rulling BBB district office for Missoula.)

If you Google Earth the street address you will see Western Bullett is a store front in a small plaza just behind the "Kings Christian Church" with other small Biz. on both sides "Master Barber' and on the other side "Garden Mother Herbs".

5 - called the "Garden Mother Herb shop" they say hardley anyone ever there.

If your trying to do business with Western Bullet Co. you may find it difficult to impossible as I did. If you find that your credit card was charged, suggest you go to small claims court listed above. "BBB" cannot force Western Bullett Co to do anything.

Moderator Emeritus

I think the fellow who is effectively WBC is old, with health problems. I've seen some questions before about his being unresponsive, and I think it was because he was in the hospital or abed with his infirmities. All who've used his bullets report they're very good, but it's wise to know that he's doing his best, and I believe he's fullfilled his end on all delayed orders that the buyers didn't cancel out on.

He seems to be a really good caster, but just has some health problems that he has no control over. He also doesn't seem to be much into explaining himself, and just lets those who keep their orders in get them ASAP and doesn't worry about the cancelled orders. He seems to have all the business he can fulfill, because of his good bullets. FWIW????

Moderator Emeritus

Jon is in his early 40's.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Mold
    This is a "lack luster" vendor that cannot be relied upon. He may have supplied some - however I and others have had no "0" response! Better to go to a vendor who is responsible in business - or - cast your own! In deference to customers is NOT a hallmark of a good business.

End of discussion.

Boolit Grand Master

For all things heeled boolits - among many others, I recommend Old West Bullet Molds. Bernie knows his stuff and will work with you.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dschu48 View Post
    Western Bullet CO. P.O.Box 998, 904 Kensington Ave., Missoula, MT 59806 (406-728-4801) should be avoided.

Short version;
    - un responsive
    - no confirmation of orders placed
    - do not return emails
    - do not respond to calls at the listed phone number (406-728-4801)

Long Version;
    Originally, in search of a "Collar Button" bullet (0.457 Dia / 190 Gr weight) vendor Vs casting my self.

Tried several other ways of communicating with Western Bullet all to no avail.
    1 - contacted Missoula Chamber Of Commerce "Not a member". they do not know who runs the co.
    2 - contacted Missoula "Municipal Court" talked to Stacy - 406-552-6180, she stated they are a ligitimate business , she suggested the "BBB".
    3 - contacted the Missoula Police 406-552-6300, said they know of the biz. location "..a small plaza", suggested going to Civil Claims court
    4 - filed complaint with "BBB" in Spokane Wa. BBB N. W., Spokane, WA 406-303-3296 or 509-455-4200 (The rulling BBB district office for Missoula.)

If you Google Earth the street address you will see Western Bullett is a store front in a small plaza just behind the "Kings Christian Church" with other small Biz. on both sides "Master Barber' and on the other side "Garden Mother Herbs".

5 - called the "Garden Mother Herb shop" they say hardley anyone ever there.

If your trying to do business with Western Bullet Co. you may find it difficult to impossible as I did. If you find that your credit card was charged, suggest you go to small claims court listed above. "BBB" cannot force Western Bullett Co to do anything.
    I don't think you understand how small claims court works. You have to file in the COUNTY/CITY. In this case you would file in Missoula MT.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Mold
    correct - see my note #2 above, "2 - contacted Missoula "Municipal Court" talked to Stacy - 406-552-6180, " she suggested BBB first! if no resolve then back to Missoula Municipal. you can call Stacy if you have had a similar experience and wish to file a small claims.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the info, MT Gianni. Did the old man die finally, and is the 40 yr. old his son or something? I only dealt with him once, IIRC, and his bullets were very good. Have only read about him since. I read that he'd been in the hospital for an extended stay when he didn't respond for some time on a couple of occasions. Getting someone to cast FOR you is always going to incur an element of risk, and especially so when dealing long-distance. Everyone I ever heard speak of him who actually knew him said he was a straight up guy. Just had those health problems, and was, at least at one time, pretty much a one man show, so when he was hospitalized, orders couldn't be filled, and of course as anyone who's ever been hospitalized, through no real fault of his own.

I just hate to see a good man criticized for having health problems, really. But I don't know anything about this young 40ish fellow. Bullets and sporting stuff is pretty unique in that the scam artists are few and far between, but they DO exist, of course. There's a few bad apples in every barrel. His 168 gr Keigh .358" bullets sure were nice, and shot VERY well.

Moderator Emeritus

Jon is the only owner I have known and knew him well from 1994-2006 when I left Missoula. He has a great wife who is a shooter with little or no interest in his business. Also a twin brother about the same disinterest.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Bub
    Wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered. Order placed 4.23 and haven't heard anything. It hasn't been that long, and I'm patient, but things don't look good.

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    Well, as of today 5/23/17 absolute zero contact or bullets from Western Bullet. I may try the small claims route, but I wonder if the time involved will be worth the $61.

More importantly, does anyone know any good/reputable/responsible source for the Lyman #266673 6.5 140 gr. gas checked bullets?
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

Boolit Buddy
    i have placed a few orders, 2 or 3, with him. not much in the way of communication, but i always did receive my orders and was happy with what i got. i do remember 1 order took real long to get, was starting to feel like i got had, then the order showed. last order i placed was probably 6-8 months ago. hope you get what you ordered.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MstrEddy View Post
    Well, as of today 5/23/17 absolute zero contact or bullets from Western Bullet. I may try the small claims route, but I wonder if the time involved will be worth the $61.

More importantly, does anyone know any good/reputable/responsible source for the Lyman #266673 6.5 140 gr. gas checked bullets?
    Follow this link to a CastBoolits thread on a mould chart:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...o+bullet+chart

Then follow the link in post one to the actual chart.

Then print it if you can or at least save the link in your favorites.

266673 is a 150 grain boolit and 266469 is a 140 grain boolit.
    NOE also has a great assortment of moulds in 264 which include oversize moulds just in case your 264 is generous in dimensions.

Boolit Master

http://www.three-peaks.net/bullet_molds.htm
    It's the old buffalo mold chart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast