Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .36 Cal Maxi Mold

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    These 36 molds seem to be on the scarce side and when I've seen them, they demand a pretty hefty price as compared to other used Lyman molds . . not as frequently run across as other calibers I should say.

I've never used them in my .36 but would certainly try them if I could. With the interest there is in them, I'm really surprised that someone hasn't contacted a good mold company like Al at NOE or Accurate to see if they would be interested in possibly machining them and then a "group buy" put together on them.

Boolit Master

If enough folks are interested in 36 maxi I would be willing to honcho if NOE is willing to make it. I will drop Al an email if enough interest, say 10-15 people PM me your interest

What if we can get 32, 45, 50, 54, and maybe even 58 caliber maxi molds made? Just asking so I know how to write email to AL again each one would need maybe 7 who want maybe more
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    .32 is easier to get then .36.i would like to see a .40 maxi mold. although I have shot .38-40 bullets in my .40 after I made a false muzzle to load them.

Boolit Master
    there is actually a lot of maxi interest. it is just not on this forum.... but else where. I would like to see this design done in 45, 50 and 54
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1209161551_Burst01_resized.jpg  

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerhappy243 View Post
    there is actually a lot of maxi interest. it is just not on this forum.... but else where. I would like to see this design done in 45, 50 and 54
    I agree trigger! This one with the rounded lube grooves is the most accurate Maxi ball i have shot, and this design is easier to pour, fills the mold out way better than the sharp edge Maxi's

Perma-Banned
    My old .36 TC Maxi mold With rounded lube grooves

Attachment 191786

Boolit Master
    I think a 2 cavity mold would be too cool

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    shdwlkr - I'd be interested in a .36.

Just off the cuff remark and thoughts - the group buys I've been in on with NOE I think usually require about 15 or so - but a conversation with Al would verify if he was even interested and what he would need to make it a viable thing of him to do. The problem is that everyone has their own "thoughts" on what it "ought to be" - both in design and caliber. Before the thought get's too over blown - Lee makes a number of REAL molds now and most folks would probably pay the $20 or whatever they are for one of those rather than the higher cost of a good NOE mold. To use a "shotgun approach" and start getting too many calibers, etc. . . . if he was interested in doing it, I think it needs to be limited to one size/style and even then, there may not be enough sign up to make it fly.

It's too bad that someone doesn't climb on board and make a 3 or 4 cavity old with a variety of sizes - i.e. a four hole mold that was .32, .36, .40 & .45 then a .50, 54, 58 or some such thing. Then you run in to those who don't want a single cavity per caliber but want a multiple cavity so they can make quick work of it.

A lot of things to consider but before anything else, a call to Al at NOE or Tom at Accurate, etc. would answer the basic questions of if it was anything they might be interested in and what would be involved. I really don't have the time to get involved as we are headed back to MI this coming week and are moving this summer to a new place and I have to get the house sold, etc. But, I'd be interested in knowing if it were possible to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12