MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Building an outdoor kichen/brew shed

Moderator Emeritus

Got the lock and deadbolt installed today so no more worrying about the air compressor and other tools in there while I am working. Of course the factory miss drilled the pre hung door frame... holes were 1/2 inch low. I was NOT going to take the door out and take it back! I mixed sawdust and 5 minute epoxy and filled the holes in. Let it cure for an hour then drilled and filed new holes that were the right height. As solid as factory and I use 4" screws for the striker plates so they are well anchored into the framing. You are not going to kick that door in!
    Last edited by MaryB; 07-08-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

Insulation is all in except a strip where I need to move the electrical. And plastic on 2 walls. Ran out of plastic so at a pause until I get to town again. Ceiling insulation is held in by 6 wires per cavity then the plastic will help. Once the steel goes up it will stay put!

The entire set of pics is here now http://imgur.com/a/RLzUX

Moderator Emeritus

What a difference insulation makes. It was 102 in there yesterday with the underside of the roof exposed(dark green steel...) and today it was 75 after a sunny morning and early afternoon. 80 degrees outside! If I decide to put an A/C in there it will only need a tiny one.

Looking good, I'm envious!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Mary I could move my lathe and mill and tools in that space, great job.

Moderator Emeritus

Floor would need help for machinery, right now it is 1 1/2 inch of ply on 2x10's...

Got my Menards rebates so have an extra $38 to spend when I go to town on the 3rd! YAY! More parts lol. Get a roll of plastic and maybe 4 sheets of steel to finish the ceiling off or do most of a wall.

You know, i got to get back into brewing.... Brewed way back in the late 80s until a couple of years before we moved up here. Didn't have the time, only did one brewing in past 7 years..... Now have the perfect basement that keeps near 68 year round. Heck in the winter, I could keep my kegged English ales down here and drink with no fridge! Thanks for the spur!

Moderator Emeritus

Times have changed in the homebrew market since the 80's. No more of the extract tang flavor most homebrew had if you buy a quality kit. Or buy quality extract and do your own recipe. I brew all grain so I have total control over the process from start to finish. Today's brew session was spot on and I hit 85% brew house efficiency(how much of the sugar did I remove from the grain) which is a tad above my normal.

Moderator Emeritus

Finished a little framing over the door and window, had to cut some 1/2 ply to bring the headers out flush with framing. Then tacked insulation up over the door and window. And got plasti up on one more wall. Cut the ceiling and last wall plastic but I can't do the wall until I reroute the electrical and I need a new load center for that chore.

Moderator Emeritus

Last wall vapor barrier in but left loose in the area I still need to slide a bat of insulation into, and half the ceiling vapor barrier tacked up. Working head up and swinging a hammer stapler up is really bad for my neck(fusion), and torn rotator cuffs... I need to get a battery operated stapler so I am not trying to swing in a weird direction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123