Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanna hear a good one?!?

Boolit Master

Wanna hear a good one?!?

Okay no preamble here goes; I finally got my self a salvaged table big enough for my dream reloading table!
    The tears behind the laughter is the dedicated.223 powder measurer and the old partner press are still bolted to the old table as may be the rcbs case trimmer cause I'm out of room!

Boolit Master
    You are coming in broken and unreadable.

Boolit Grand Master

I think he got his dream loading table but it too big for the space he has available??????????

Boolit Master
    I took it to say that his new table won't fit in the room with his old table, and his stuff is bolted to his old table?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    I took it to say that his new table won't fit in the room with his old table, and his stuff is bolted to his old table?
    This sounds logical. Maybe he can't unbolt the stuff from the old bench?

Boolit Master

Okay sorry guys; small fit of laughing crying rage when I typed first post. Salvaged a big beautiful table with sturdy pipe legs that adjust for level, thought it would be big enough for all my gear to be mounted at once! Funny right? Well it's bigger and what is mounted is in optimal position and still a nice work and storage space on the table top but I'm out of room and still have another press, powder measurer and a case trimmer to mount and a Lyman lube sized! So both new and old table will be pressed into service. A little less moving room for me and it'll be harder to clean up so I'll just forgo that but I'll have all presses lube sizers and trimmers available by just rolling my chair around!

Boolit Master
    may be he should try to find an anti-gravity loading block like one other member had over his bench.

Moderator Emeritus

Add a 2" under bench receiver and a vice mount plate to adapt to the overflow. Store them away when not in use! http://www.harborfreight.com/hitch-m...ate-66260.html store it away when not needed!

Boolit Grand Master

Even better build a bigger loading room on to the house. Then it can be exactly what he wants.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Even better build a bigger loading room on to the house. Then it can be exactly what he wants.
    My case!! I need to finish my basement, gonna build and dedicate a room to MY stuff!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Hmmm I took it as he had a table just the right size but now he has to buy a new house to put it in? I'm a Michigander too and it happens quite often up there . . . it snows, it melts, the house gets wet and they aren't pre-shrunk!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Add a 2" under bench receiver and a vice mount plate to adapt to the overflow. Store them away when not in use! http://www.harborfreight.com/hitch-m...ate-66260.html store it away when not needed!
    I kinda like that idea. If you do any welding... Pick up one of these to mount under the bench, http://www.harborfreight.com/5000-lb...ver-69670.html

Then stop by a steel supply yard and get a length of heavy 2"x2" square tubing and length of 3/8" or thicker flat to custom make mounting plates for your presses and lubrisizers.

That should free up some benchtop space.
    Last edited by nseries; 03-16-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

We all forgetting Pat Marlin? Lots a room on my bench thanks to the mounting plates.

Boolit Master
    could alway knock out a wall and add on a room.

Banned

just build the garage door in and.
    never mind that isn't enough room either.
    you'd think between that and the other room but NO.

just build a 30X30 shop out back and don't put nuthin in it, eventually it'll fill itself up.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post

just build a 30X30 shop out back and don't put nuthin in it, eventually it'll fill itself up.
    Yes sir that was the joke I tried to tell badly ; much more room, bigger table, than two tables and I'm already out of room! And I may have really done it; might be working out a deal on a Dillion 550 and the contents of an older gents reloading room! Where does the madness end!

Banned

it don't.
    me and my dad built a reloading room when he built his new house.
    we used it for a long time then I sorta built my own at my place but eventually moved again and had to downsize for a bit.
    when I bought the place here it was initially just for my stuff, then the wife and kids moved in while I was out of town for work, and I was out of room again.
    the garage become a second work shop for casting and swaging and shot shell stuff.
    I rented a garage for the Mustang, and built a 12X14 shed out back that looks like a small version of the house only with another part on the back for clay targets, the thrower and the 4 wheelers.
    okay I'm finally good.
    umm no.
    Pop calls one day and say's come get all this stuff out of my stamp room.
    so I doubled all of my equipment and added in more brass, powder, and primers.

Boolit Master
    my first house had a 24x24 garage. tore it down put up a 30x40. 15 years later added a 18x40 to it that filled up in a year. now we have the farm got a 36 x 76 pole barn it is full also have a 28x24 I use as a work shop it is getting a little crowded in there now.

Moderator Emeritus

I built a new garage 2 years ago, 24x30... plenty of room... NOT! Remodeling my original storage shed off my deck into an outdoor kitchen to get all the beer brewing stuff out of the garage! And the grills, coolers, etc. I built this 30 years ago and it turned into a catch all for stuff I didn't want in the house...plus leftover construction material from house remodels, and it had my wood working tools...

Yes it is a mess. I have been digging out what to save

Handy because it is right off my 14x20 foot deck

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post

Never been a turer statement
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast