RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another mouse in the house

Boolit Master
    My She-weenie catches mice and kills them but doesn't eat them she is the fastest dog I have seen.
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Before Tigger died he was my mouser, he would bring me a live one as a gift... in my bed! Ever have a mouse loose under the covers? Yeah a lot of swearing and I think Tigger sat back and laughed at me until I finally got the mouse off the bed. Then he would catch and kill it.
    Kind of like the Mississippi squirrel loose in Church!

Moved in a year and half ago, last winter didn't see or hear any. Was evidence of previous mice. This winter, heard a bunch is scratching set out 3 traps with liquid paste. One trap zero, second trap 4 and third trap 3. No more noise....

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    We have rat problems. Usually just the garden, but several years ago one got into the garage. Last night I was going through boxes of "stuff". Two had leather, leather dressings, linen thread, leather working tools AND, about a years worth of rat droppings. Rat's been gone for 5 or 6 years, but still not fun to have dig through rat excrement to retrieve my carving and stitching tools.

I'll never store stuff in cardboard boxes again. Nothing but the plastic see-thru bins.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

We live out far enough to be called rural, but close enough for scrum to drive out and dump dogs. I have had to 'take care of' many starving, half-frozen, pitiful dogs.

One such dog, a Rat Terrier, ended up living here - on the front porch. I finally converted an old end-table into a dog house. Worked great. Had a flat top, so dog could lay up there in the sun, Snoopy style.

Anyway, that dog was the greatest mouser I have ever known. Mice, squirrels, pocket gophers, rabbits all fell to the Great Hunter. That dog was teetering on the edge of sanity, and even kept the property clear of other strays many times larger than itself. I saw it take on a Weimeriener one day, and win.

Come to think, that dog kept the property clear of two-legged trespassers also.

Sure miss that dog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12