Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionPBcastcoTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Scored pre-64 Winchester 1894 .30-30 mfg 1954 & S&W MP

Boolit Master

Scored pre-64 Winchester 1894 .30-30 mfg 1954 & S&W MP

Greetings earthlings

Got two nice pieces tonight for a ridiculously good price (won't say don't ask!).

The Winchester s/n 2,047,xxx has some warts from rust (neglect) but is really nice overall.

I have one bullet mold for this the Lee 170 gr flat nose and dies and brass are already in-hand.
    I haven't had a Winchester .30-30 in many a decade.

The S&W Military & Police .38 was mfg last quarter of 1945. S-prefix s/n and is about VG+
    but looks like it hit the pavement once.

Dutch (the H&R .32 wasn't purchased)

Moderator Emeritus

I like a great end to a story....the story is the rifle and pistol found a good home and they will be protected and used. Great find!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Those are two classics! Good score!!

Perma-Banned
    Nice find!! Nice gun!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Good on You! Two of my favorites--good, honest guns that shoot straight and work well. If you got 'em cheap, so much the better.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

1954 Win 1894? Guess has the drilled and tapped holes for the rear peep sight on the left upper side, correct?
    Avatar - 2006, my oldest son (6'2"), trying to lift the 95lb Cobia he caught at Cape Hatteras, NC from the beach.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Very nice! With a .30 WCF lever action and a .38 wheelgun you are always well armed.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Congratulations on a good find. Once in a while we do luck out. Back around 1991-1992 the wife and I were in a local gun store that sold a lot of police trade-ins. Found a rack of rough looking 94s and got to looking through them. The story on them was they were issued to civilian railway guards during WWII and had been sitting in a warehouse somewhere. All the marks were handling and rack damage. I wanted a pre-64 as gift for my son so plowed through them. Found one with a little less handling damage. Got to looking at it and back of breach was not marked from firing, in fact when bore scoped later the rifle looked to have hardly been fired if ever. Anyway rack had a unit price of $150 each so I brought it home. It cleaned up nice and most of the scuffs in the wood disappeared with application of some TLC. I don't remember it's exact manufacture date but it was in the late 30s. In retrospect I wish I had bought a couple more.
    Retired, laid back and enjoying life.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The 94 was also issued to some National Guard units during WWI. Some of them definitely made it to Europe and could have seen action.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OBXPilgrim View Post
    1954 Win 1894? Guess has the drilled and tapped holes for the rear peep sight on the left upper side, correct?
    Yes.

Dutch