RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drifting rear site on Ruger 10 22 Takedown model: I'm out of ideas, Help!

Glad to hear Ruger did that good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 7Acres View Post
    So, I did manage to get that rear sight off by very carefully using a dremel grinding wheel to reduce the sight's dovetail material. Tapped right out as soon as I got down to tinfoil thickness. I was expecting to see a barb or some other obvious reason the sight was hung up. My micrometer showed the sight's dovetail was slightly wedge shaped. The right side of the dovetail was wider than the left side. That explains why it wouldn't drift to the left. Doesn't explain why it wouldn't drift to the right though.

So I've got this extra barrel now. I was wondering what I could do with it. Any ideas? Just put an aftermarket rear sight on it and hang onto it as a spare?
    That sight was STUCK. Hang on to that barrel- some one on here may want to do their own TD conversion. Regular 10/22 takeoff barrels are plentiful and cheap. The TD version is different, correct?

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, the TD version has the lever mechanism attached to the barrel that you have to manipulate to separate barrel from receiver.

Boolit Master

Although it's probably not 100% you'll find that most sight bases are tapered and drift in from the right side of the firearm whether rifle or handgun, front or rear. I've found a few drift in sights that had no taper but not many.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12