Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Handle Wood?

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    When mold handles start working loose I've had great results with high temp silicone sealer. I squirt a generous amount in the original handle hole, push it back on and wipe off the excess if necessary. Set it aside for 24 hours before using. Haven't had one come loose yet.

David
    I just tried this recently and it works well.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

Boolit Master
    In the days of sail black locust was the preferred wood for belaying pins.

Boolit Master
    Yep.Black locust is some rugged wood.Back in the day,one of the local cops was also a woodworker for a hobby.Made two night sticks about 18" long out of black locust.When he waded into a bar fight with those,it was like Gene Krupa on the drums with skulls for drums.His son still uses them to this day.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    When mold handles start working loose I've had great results with high temp silicone sealer. I squirt a generous amount in the original handle hole, push it back on and wipe off the excess if necessary. Set it aside for 24 hours before using. Haven't had one come loose yet.

David
    +1 on the silicone sealer. Used this stuff to attach a scope mount to an octagon barrel. 25 years later, this temporary mount is still there. Comes off with a razor blade. Great for mould handles. No screws or pins needed!

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!

David
    I've had the same problems with older Lyman handles working loose and spinning while I'm casting........enough to make a strong man drink. I finally got sick of it and mixed up some JB Weld, goobered some on to the metal tang and shoved it back into the handle. Dry in ten minutes and hasn't moved in three years. Of course, if I have to replace the handle some time in the future I'll have to carve it off...........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123