MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: my leek, potato and ham soup

Perm-Banned

my leek, potato and ham soup

2 large leeks, one onion. ham steak and 4 or 5 good sized potatoes. two large cans or boxes of chicken stock. one small circular box of sour cream. one tsp of black pepper one tsp of thyme,one heaping tbs of garlic powder, no salt as there is a lot of salt in a ham steak. cut the usable parts of the 2 leeks up as well as the onion and put in a larger pot with the two boxes of chicken stock. put in the pepper, garlic powder and thyme. simmer until soft. then run through a blender until creamed and smooth. make sure when you do this that you take the center out of the cover as the cover cant be sealed or when the hot broth is blended it will push out of the blender violently and burn you badly. put a dry wash cloth over the hole in the blenders cover so the hot air can escape but the liquid cant. put the blended stock back in the pot. into the pot put the 4 or 5 diced peeled potatoes. cube the ham steak and put in the pot. put the small container of sour cream in the pot also. mix well into the stock. simmer slowly all day on the stove. check now and then to add water as it simmers away. it is good hot for supper, and the next days cold or hot. when served hot put a pad of real butter on top of the soup in each bowl when served. we have gone through over 100 leeks eating this soup all winter.its on my stove now and thought maybe some one would like to try the way i make it also.

Boolit Grand Master
    "make sure when you do this that you take the center out of the cover as the cover cant be sealed or when the hot broth is blended it will push out of the blender violently and burn you badly."

Id didn't burn me, but when I blended my beer sauce, it sprayed all over the kitchen. Lesson learned.
    I'd eat your soup.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Perm-Banned
    we have eaten so much of it this winter im down to two packs of frozen leeks in the freezer. however ive got a couple of hundred baby leeks in flats in the south window to plant in may.