RotoMetals2StainLess Steel MediaMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
ADvertise hereInline FabricationGraf & SonsLee Precision

Thread: Any insight on foaming bore cleaners?

Boolit Master

Any insight on foaming bore cleaners?

There must be a dozen of these on the market now. Do they work? Do they remove copper?

Anyone using them and have any reviews to offer?

Boolit Master
    I've used Wipe Out, Gunslick, and Outers versions. They all work slicker than owl snot and remove copper, definitely. They are all I use to clean rifles after shooting jacketed loads through them. Simply spray in the foam, wait a few hours (or less or more), then wipe out. I've tried doing it a second time with each product and also tried following up each product with Sweets 7.62 copper remover. It's pointless. The first time with the foaming cleaners completely removes copper fouling for me. I've been using them for years and I highly recommend them.
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

I've used the Gunslick product for years. I fill the bore, leave the rifle pointed slightly downhill and come back in a few hours. There's always a little puddle of blue/green stuff on ground when I return. Run a couple of patches to clean it out and call it good. It's the best cleaning product that I've ever used.

Denny

Perma - Banned

Wipe Out excellent

Boolit Master
    +1 for Wipe-out. I've used it to clean out the bores of several old milsurps--amazing how much copper comes out--may take several applications but hey after 100 yrs whaddya expect?

Boolit Master

Wipe Out is my preferred of the foam cleaners. It works very well.

Boolit Master
    Since wipe out came out that's all I've been using. Do yourself a favor...use the activator. You patch with that then use the cleaner. It is quicker and works better
    Domari Nolo

Boolit Master

Thanks, guys.

I've never used any of them until a couple weeks ago, when I was in a local store and they had the Birchwood Casey stuff on sale. I used it on several rifles over the last weekend, but on one, I noticed that after using it, there were still copper streaks at the muzzle. I'll try to get some wipe-out.

Ive been using the the gunslick stuff for several years, works great. Fill it forget it it for a while push a few patches and done. Sometimes you will need to repeat but not usually

Banned
    +1 for gunslicks

Boolit Master
    A+ for Gunslick, I'll have to try Wipe Out.

Boolit Master

they work great but make sure you get the overspray out of your bolt, action ect as it will gum them up bad.
    Soldier of God, sixgun junky, Retired electrical lineman. My office was a 100 feet in the air, closer to God the better

Boolit Master

I used the Gunslick foam on two surplus military rifles , a 303 British Enfield and a 7.5 Schmidt - Rubin, prior to shooting cast in them. Did two foam treatments on each...a lot easier than just rods, brushes, steel wool and JB bore paste. They both came clean . I did finish up with some JB Bore paste just to make sure , but didn't have to scrub them until my arms wore out.
    I set the rifles in a vice on my bench with a slight tilt to the muzzel , set a pan undermuzzel to catch any foam drippings, make sure it doesn't run back into action, Then filled the bore with foam. Let stand , swabed out and then did it again. Then used JB bore compound just for good measure.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I like the Wipe out better than the other foaming cleaners . I tried a gel type cleaner that I forget who makes it but was much less than impressed with it .

Try to keep a can of wipe out on the shelf at all times .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter