RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Got my 1892 back!

Boolit Grand Master

Got my 1892 back!

My 1892 vacationed in WA this past summer, finally came home this past week. As expected John Taylor's workmanship looks great, had almost forgotten how slick this old 92 is. Only one problem; I was gathering ammo for today's range trip and all my 32-20 cases were empty! I thought I had 20 stashed but I was wrong. Sized some brass, got it in the cleaner and then couldn't find any lubed boolits!
    Oh, well. Guess I need to spend a little quality time in my loading room.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Pictures please!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    My 1892 vacationed in WA this past summer, finally came home this past week. As expected John Taylor's workmanship looks great, had almost forgotten how slick this old 92 is. Only one problem; I was gathering ammo for today's range trip and all my 32-20 cases were empty! I thought I had 20 stashed but I was wrong. Sized some brass, got it in the cleaner and then couldn't find any lubed boolits!
    Oh, well. Guess I need to spend a little quality time in my loading room.
    Oh damn, what a hardship.

Boolit Bub
    Congrats on the return. Should be a fun rifle. I have a 1907 made '92 in 25-20 and it is amazingly slick and smooth. Great trigger too. Hope you get out to give it a spin soon !
    It ain't bent, Ned

Boolit Master
    Pics, if or when you can manage it.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

Not much to look at, here's a few I've saved.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-02-17_20-41-02_810.jpg   2014-02-17_20-41-53_516.jpg   2014-02-17_20-41-17_588.jpg  
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Nice! Wish my '92 had the octagonal barrel.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Nice, I think they copied that from my Rossi.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
    Nice, I think they copied that from my Rossi.

Funny you should say that, was just looking at my R92 thinking the same thing!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Nice! Wish my '92 had the octagonal barrel.

I dunno. The round barrel on a rifle balances better for me. I really like the balance of a 94 short rifle and octagonal barrel, tho.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jimbo View Post
    Oh damn, what a hardship.

Found some boolits in there this morning so I won't have to fire up a pot right away. But it seems I have a couple of acres of weeds to subdue AFTER the tractor gets an oil change and I have a club skeet shoot Saturday morning. Not sure how I'll pull this off.

Banned

shoot the first round lefty then you'll be so disgusted with your score you can leave early and have a good excuse.
    then you could always swing by the LGS and hem and haw about dropping 65 bucks for a box of store bought ammo.
    if seeing that price tag after shooting a 4 doesn't get you motivated I don't know what will.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    shoot the first round lefty then you'll be so disgusted with your score you can leave early and have a good excuse.
    then you could always swing by the LGS and hem and haw about dropping 65 bucks for a box of store bought ammo.
    if seeing that price tag after shooting a 4 doesn't get you motivated I don't know what will.
    Thanks, but I can embarrass myself adequately shooting righty, lol. I shoot a fair bit of trap but skeet is just an amusing diversion for me. One of my skeet guns is equally happy shot from either side and I can shoot a riot gun from either shoulder so the lefty excuse will be weak with folks that know me.
    Leave early? Surely you jest! If I pay an entry fee I'll endure until the last bird is tossed. I have a loooong history of comp shooting all over this great country of ours and I can assure you I don't embarrass easily.