Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Just another "God Job DougGuy" Post.

Just another "God Job DougGuy" Post.

I was not happy with the accuracy of my Ruger Match Champion. I had read multiple posts here about getting the cylinders reamed. After multiple PMs with "DougGuy" about it I sent him both my cylinder from my Ruger and my barrel from my Kimber 1911.

I sent them out on Monday, and had them back by Saturday. He even sent me an update email telling me when he was done ad the tracking number of my box.

Results:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	357 cylinder ream 3-17.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	190343
    The photo is actually rotated 90 degrees, so the group is actually at the bottom of the square. I know many of you can and do shoot better than this, but that is not my point. This group is 1/2 the size of my groups prior to getting the cylinder reamed. I need more practice, but I can't blame the gun any more!

As for my 1911 barrel, DougGuy made sure the crown was concentric to the rifling and also throated the chamber to allow multiple loads to fit. He also polished the ramp. I took a group of loads that failed my "plunk test" and they ALL fed without hesitation and my accuracy was not changed. (I was very happy with its accuracy before.)

I just wanted to report that I was VERY hesitant to ge any work done on my guns, but I am VERY happy with the results. Thank you DougGuy.

Official Disclaimer:
    I do not know DougGuy other than his reputation on this site. I am not related to DougGuy. I wouldn't know him if I ran into him, but I will send more work to him in the future!

BNE
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Banned

My goal is to meet him with a hug before I go. He just lives too far.

Boolit Master
    He does fantastic work and makes real good coffee.

Boolit Master
    Another thumbs up for DougGuy. I sent him a cylinder from a smith&wesson model 64 that was leading with every cast bullet I tried. Doug told me that reaming the cylinder throats to .358 would help but I would probably need to have the forcing cone recut to 11 degrees to finish the job. Will have the forcing cone recut today and then to the range. Doug did what he said he would,the turnaround time was a week,and he shot straight with me. You can't ask for anymore from anybody. Thanks dougguy!!!
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!