Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flaring .22 caliber Brass?

Boolit Master

The pile of broken 1/16" drill bit next to my drill press would say that I have problems running a drill press.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    The pile of broken 1/16" drill bit next to my drill press would say that I have problems running a drill press.
    I know the feeling... Working with the small stuff is difficult for me also... I don't look forward to all the drill bits that I'll probably break trying to make a M die for .223...

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    I know the feeling... Working with the small stuff is difficult for me also... I don't look forward to all the drill bits that I'll probably break trying to make a M die for .223...
    Do it in the lathe, starting with the smallest center drill held in the tailstock Jacobs chuck, then move on to twist drills.

For some knowledge about metal shop work, look on youtube for video's by Mrpete222. He is an old retired shop teacher/ machinist. I have learned a lot by watching his video's.

Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    Do it in the lathe, starting with the smallest center drill held in the tailstock Jacobs chuck, then move on to twist drills.

For some knowledge about metal shop work, look on youtube for video's by Mrpete222. He is an old retired shop teacher/ machinist. I have learned a lot by watching his video's.
    I've watched a few of his videos. Sure would be nice to have all the shop equipment he has in his basement.

As it turns out, the center drills are not just useful for starting the center hole for powder to go through the powder funnel. Using the largest one that came in the HF set works out to be the right size for creating the angled portion of the interior at the top of the powder funnel. Regardless of the size of the caliber and what the diameter must be at the end of the hole, at the top of the hole, it needs to be about the inner diameter of the powder funnel adapter so that the powder doesn't get hung up on it and so that all of it drops through to the lower parts of the powder funnel and eventually out the bottom.

Here's some drawings I made, but they are reversed vertically (i.e. the bottom of the drawing is actually the top of the powder funnel when it is installed in the press).

Banned

that's what I use
    Quote Originally Posted by L Erie Caster View Post
    Lee universal expanding die works great
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/140...-expanding-die

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12