RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kFinally started seeing .22LR prices starting to fall.....

Boolit Master

kFinally started seeing .22LR prices starting to fall.....

Went to two gunshows yesterday. There was plenty of .22LR in the tables. The best price I saw was $32 for a brick of Remington. There were numerous other bricks priced at $35 to $50. Too bad I remember buying some Winchester bricks for $8.70. Doubt that it will ever get back to that, but it is starting to come down. Thanks Trump.

Boolit Master

Still to high. I be waiting for $20 per 500 bulk pack.

Boolit Grand Master
    I'm still waiting for the $9.99 brick of Blazers to come back.

Boolit Master

Still waiting to see some at Wally World on an other than every 6 months.

Boolit Master
    I'm with abunaitoo, 9.99 Blazers. Sounds good to me.

Perma-Banned
    I'm still waitin' for the gougers & hoarders to have to start puttin' it in a bowl & pourin' milk on it for their breakfast. then maybe the bass-turds will stop waitin' on the truck to show up at Wally-World and the people that want it to actually shoot will be able to buy some.

Boolit Grand Master
    I get emails from online dealers on 22's and their "wholesale" prices are higher than I can go to Academy sports and buy them.

Boolit Master
    Dunhams around here...27.99 for Remington 500 brick.

Boolit Master
    It's everywhere but not at Walmart. I don't need it. I hoarded all mine prior to BHO.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    I'm still waiting for the $9.99 brick of Blazers to come back.
    Geez, I must really be old. I've got a couple of old cardboard boxes in the garage from bricks of Blazers purchased from Bi-Mart, $3.49. Couldn't find a price on the Winchester Wildcats or the Remington Thunderbolts.

Banned
    I have several boxes of 50 from the 90's that have $.99 price tags on them. I saw CCI quiet 22 at Wallyworld today for $3.37 a box of 50. They had CCI Maxi-Mag 22WMR for $13.50 per 50. A couple of weeks ago they had CCI mini mags for $7.37 for a hundred round box. You may say all you want about Wallyworld but their prices for ammo is hard, no very hard to beat. They consistently have 9mm for under $10 a box of 50.
    Yay Wallyworld.

Boolit Master

Still none that I've seen in Walmart or any area gun stores for over three years. Broke down and bought a brick of CCI Mini-Mags last year and it was $61 after shipping. Never again...

Boolit Man
    Got a box of 325 Federal for $18.64 at Walmart.

Boolit Master
    I've noticed that some of the bricks only 400 pcs.

Still waiting to see .22 ammo at Walmart here in southern California. I'm thinking that when its always on the shelves at everyone's Walmart, that great .22 drought will be over!

Boolit Master

Last time I bought .22LR, the 500-round brings were around $7-8 for the Remington Thunderbolts and Federal. When they get back down to that price, I'll break out my .22LR firearms from the back of my gun safe. Until then, they are "in exile" since I can reload .38 / 9mm / .357 for cheaper than they are asking for .22LR ammo these days. And besides, when I'm making cheap loads for those calibers, they are quieter than .22LR anyway.

I did see quite a few 100-round packs at Wal-Mart the other day though. I guess that's a sign that they're coming back.

Banned

the last 22's I bought was at wal-mart they were like 17.00 for some federal little milk carton looking containers.
    I was paying that for the AM eagle 400 count boxes not too long ago.
    I just gave a buddy of mine a brick of those eagles cause he couldn't find any of those around here.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba.50 View Post
    I'm still waitin' for the gougers & hoarders to have to start puttin' it in a bowl & pourin' milk on it for their breakfast. then maybe the bass-turds will stop waitin' on the truck to show up at Wally-World and the people that want it to actually shoot will be able to buy some.
    This is EXACTLY the problem!! I was recently in a discussion about this, a guy asked 'WHERE IS ALL THE .22 SHELLS?' My reply was 'Check your Basement'! I gave up on rimfire and went to air rifles, i bought a .177 and .22, doubtful i will ever own another rimfire, VERY DOUBTFUL. The hoarders in line at Wally can have mine!!

Boolit Master

I shot about 25 rounds of .22lr yesterday for the first time in probably a year. I keep one handy for varmints, but haven't shot it just for fun in a long, long time.

On the other hand, I have two little girls that are approaching shooting age. The oldest is already showing a keen interest in shooting dad's guns. So I probably need to start getting serious about .22lr ammo again. I have a nice pile of it, but that's my problem: Back when I was stockpiling it, I bought enough to last *my* lifetime. Didn't plan for what the kids might shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by GL49 View Post
    Geez, I must really be old. I've got a couple of old cardboard boxes in the garage from bricks of Blazers purchased from Bi-Mart, $3.49. Couldn't find a price on the Winchester Wildcats or the Remington Thunderbolts.
    I must be older than dirt, try $3.12 for a brick of federal shorts....couldn't give a guess how many bricks I shot at that price. My neighbor when I was a kid worked at the Chevy transmission plant in Toledo, a store across from the plant sold them. I think he was picking me up a brick every other week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast