Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost taste and smell senses..any thoughts?

Boolit Buddy
    About 25 years ago I had a bad case of strep throat. I lost all sense of taste and smell for about a month. It eventually came back but not before I lost about 20 pounds. Food just did not taste good.
    Hope yours comes back soon. At our age, taste is one of life's remaining pleasures.

Banned

I lose count of tears I shed for all of you with problems. I have known many for a long time and I really hurt over it. But we join together for anyone. All of you are such a wonderful bunch. We are so far apart but God will hear us.

Boolit Master
    Taste and smell sound like two quite separate problems, with taste probably being least likely to be curable or temporary. But they aren't. Air flows out through the nose as well as in, and our taste sensations can be severely reduced by holding our noses, so that we don't smell the mouthful we are eating. It's good news, for it is a lot more likely to correct itself when a cold or flu goes away. I can't see that this has anything to do with the sinuses, except insofar as nasal and sinus blockage are liable to happen at the same time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistics in Scotland View Post
    Taste and smell sound like two quite separate problems, with taste probably being least likely to be curable or temporary. But they aren't. Air flows out through the nose as well as in, and our taste sensations can be severely reduced by holding our noses, so that we don't smell the mouthful we are eating. It's good news, for it is a lot more likely to correct itself when a cold or flu goes away. I can't see that this has anything to do with the sinuses, except insofar as nasal and sinus blockage are liable to happen at the same time.
    Not really, smell and taste are one. They are connected. I remember when I smoked and got a cold. OH my, how bad it was. Best ever was tossing the smokes.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    My father lost his because of Parkinson Disease good thing to see your Dr.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12