Load DataLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Truck weights - stickies?

Boolit Master

Truck weights - stickies?

I picked up the first bucket of wheelweights today from a new source - they had previously thrown them in the trash until I offered to leave a bucket! I got a 5 gallon pail 3/4 full after a month for nothing more than the donuts I brought them for afternoon break. I expected to see a bunch of huge clip-on wheelweights, but 3/4 of it was huge stickies, some a pound or more, and very thick, but still bendable - pure lead. I didn't know they used stickies on trucks, is this something new?
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Boolit Master

Haven't seen a stick on truck weight either but I don't see why not. When I had a source for truck weights, they seemed to produce harder bullets. Wish I had an 18 wheeler trailer load now. Good score./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    The "truck stickies" are for alluminum wheels.

We can't beat the lead shortage outright ........... but we can RECYCLE!

If we catch the vast majority of our practice slugs and only lose our huntin' slugs ......... we will be good until sanity reappears.

(That's my theory anyway)

Three 44s

Boolit Grand Master

Three44s is correct.

Stick-on weights are for alloy wheels of trucks just as they are for cars. Alloy wheels on trucks are becoming more and more common with the attempt to reduce weight. Looks also plays a part but the prime reason is weight.

Can't clip on a weight onto a guys brand new and extremely expensive alloy wheels (18 of them) without enduring his wrath, besides, the alloy wheel has a much thicker rim (edge) making clip-ons impratical. Thus the stick-ons.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

I really like those thick stick on WW's for trucks. They are the nicest, soft lead, and make excellent muzzleloader boolits, and lead for a pure lead tin mix for boolits like 30 to 1 to 40 to 1 mixes. You are lucky to get them. I have a hand full of them myself, and find them to be a great source of pure lead.
    Count yer blessings today !!
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

I'm an over the road truckdriver and the company I work for does all thier own tire work, I get all the used ww's. I also hit truck stop tire shops, the take is small but steady, around 100# a year. Yes they make nice muzzelloader boolits and are FREE!
    It don't make much sense that commonsense don't make no sense nomore

If you died today would you have lived your life or have you simply existed

Boolit Master

I was walking across the parking lot after taking a shower, headed back to my truck, and I found these:

Gotta hit up the shops when I have time.

I also recycle my lead in a boolit trap, many times! (But some times it is just fun clanging the steel!)
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.