Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best case gauge for 9mm?

Boolit Buddy
    None of the different loads I use in any of my 9's will go into any gauge I own. All of my loads plunk into the barrels or cylinders I use them in. I size all of my 9's to .357" and have for years. That keeps them from fitting in a gauge. I cast with ww+sn alloy so they are not too hard and now a days everything gets pc'd.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew P View Post
    That's a lot of work involving tools that are possibly more expensive than a case gauge. But, if it works for ya, it's the best way.
    I reload about 10 rifle calibers, almost all of them don't have a commercial gauge available. So this is the way I figured out how to do it. I'm a machinist, used to working in .0005". Or less.

But that's way too tight for ammo...what's scary is the peeps that don't have a clue making ammo. They could be at the next bench! KaBoom!

Quote Originally Posted by No Blue View Post
    I reload about 10 rifle calibers, almost all of them don't have a commercial gauge available. So this is the way I figured out how to do it. I'm a machinist, used to working in .0005". Or less.

But that's way too tight for ammo...what's scary is the peeps that don't have a clue making ammo. They could be at the next bench! KaBoom!
    Well, where's there's a need there's a way, and I'm a machinist too, although I use the term loosely. But, it doesn't mean that I'd turn down a gauge if it meant I could use it for multiple weapons. The problem here is opposite, we have at least 5 options for gauges in 9mm!

Boolit Master

I use a gauge for the reason that was mentioned before, it sucks to find a bad round during a Course of Fire at the match. My 1911 is throated so I know if it fits the gauge it will definitely fit the gun. Most my bad ammo is because the rim on the 45acp has been bashed so much it gets a little wide or the extractor made a burr.

Boolit Buddy

I have Dillons in every caliber i reload except blackout. i use a sheridan for blackout.
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12