Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spur Trough

Boolit Master
    I've several lyman 4 bangers that wear Red River Ricks thicker troughed sprue plates and have found the to be a big advantage over the standard lyman sprue plate, they also have the Lee style cam lever to open which is very nice particularly in a steel sprue plate.

My last mold purchase was a accurate 44 mold and the trough was an option I went for and glad I did!

I use a bottom pour Lee 20 Lb pot these days, have a mag 20 lyman dipper for the few HP molds I fill and still have the cobbled together Lee 10 Lb hanging over an Old Lyman model 61.

all work well with trough or not: simply fill the far cavity, angle the mold down hill and pour as you push the mold away from you!

Good fill out and a great sprue!

HM

Boolit Grand Master
    In my limited experience, (I have cast a lot, but don't use the trough as a spillway), they are a good way to make bad boolits. You will get a lot more poorly filled out bases using the continuous pour method than when you go one by one.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I still pour into each cavity, Just like the idea of a continuous pour while pulling the mold towards me and then having one long sprue to put back into the pot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12