Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading

Thread: Eugene Oregon Gun Show FREE ADMISSION

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Eugene Oregon Gun Show FREE ADMISSION

Hi all, Willamette Valley Arms Collectors in putting on their 50th Anniversary Gun Show next weekend (Mar 18 & 19) at the Lane Events Center in Eugene, OR. 230 Tables and no flea market stuff.

For all the folks here on the forum, just tell the cashier "I shoot cast boolits" and get in FREE!Attachment 190211
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

The poll says we have 14 members in Oregon. I am really disappointed we didn't get even one member
    at our show. I guess I'll get over in time...

Banned

don't feel too bad John.
    I really doubt too many of our members attend gun shows.

and some have their favorites or just attend smaller local venues. [a few have tables at every one they can get to]
    I went to a smaller one near me about 5 years back [shrug] I wasn't impressed.

I'm in Oregon.. Sorry about not making it. We live up in St Helens. Free admission doesn't really make up for the almost 3 hr drive to get down there.
    Last edited by danomano; 03-20-2017 at 05:33 PM.

I completely understand. The International Tattoo Exposition was in the building next door. We had a bunch of illustrated people walking around the show. Very entertaining...

Boolit Master
    We like to bum around at shows. Every once in a while you find deals. Most of the time you just bum, talk and look. Here there are two fire departments that have shows. 4-5 sportsman clubs. Then there are the bigger show, that are 500-1200 tables. Go early or late, in the middle good deals are gone and too early for them to come down in price. I have bought some nice used guns at shows, but not too many deals as of late, Darn gun broker, you have to shop around.

Boolit Master

I used to go to that show all the time, when we lived there. Good show, usually way better than the Collectors West show every other month.

I work at Willamette Valley Company, but in Pineville Louisiana. If I had seen this earlier, I would have encouraged some of our home office people to go out and enjoy the show...
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not"
    Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    If you can't abide gunshow sellers,I have a factoid for y'all,, There is a least one member of this outfit that is a gunshow PROMOTER..!!!! as to The Eugene Show, I sure would like to be there is it's within a long shout of the Montana Collectors show in Missoula....Spent two summers living in Eugene,while working as a timber faller out in the Siuslaw..Long enuff ago that Ken Kesey still lived in Springfield.... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

In Remembrance
    Well shoot, at least you could tell us what we missed, other than the tattooed entertainment. lol

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    The poll says we have 14 members in Oregon. I am really disappointed we didn't get even one member
    at our show. I guess I'll get over in time...
    I'm from Seal Rock and did not hear about the show until I saw your post. It is a bit of a drive down there but not too bad if the prices were good. The last one I went to was in Salem. What a waste of time and gas. Prices were out of sight! The only thing that partially redeemed it was a fellow had a large Zip Lock bag with about 350 once fired 330 British cases. I asked him the price and he didn't know even what they were, so I offered him $30 and he took it.

Well, out of 225 tables we only had one vendor that had"Black Rifle' stuff. There were a lot of great deals including some nice old and vintage guns, new guns, lots of reloading, knives, etc. The WVACA show is also known for their collectors displays. The deal of the weekend (which I missed) was an NOE 2C
    .224 mold that the guy never used in 20 years. He got $20.00 for it.
    Last edited by condorjohn; 03-21-2017 at 11:42 AM.

Boolit Master

I find gun shows are a good way to make contacts for offsite sales of powder and primers. Guns not so much, besides I have a guy. Sometimes odd parts can be found too.

Boolit Buddy

Well I didn't know about the show. Don't read "Our Town " much.
    I was working the weekend. Couldn't make it anyway.
    Also I spent all my money at the Albany Guns Show 2 weeks prior. Bought another used Dillon SDB.

Condorjohn I did not make the gun show, I am in CA. I will be at the Eugene knife show April 8-9th. If you get there stop by my table C-2 and chat.

Boolit Master
    I love gun shows, but have a tough time making them working graveyard on weekends. I just missed a good one in Prescott Valley, AZ.

I love gun shows too I never miss a pgca show .I will say this there not like when I was a kid the things that I've seen there now there all glocks or ARs what happened to all the old guns or wood rifles but I still go . Washington co is April 8-9