Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabobank. They do not want our money.

Boolit Buddy

Rabobank. They do not want our money.

The Lady and I are both currently with Wells Fargo. Due to a number of their actions and policies towards their customers, we are looking at taking our business elsewhere. We have friends in the Netherlands, so we thought we would check out Rabobank.

Long story made short, if they find charges on your accounts to gun stores, they will consider that a violation of their policies, and cancel your account. And yes, after i found that out, and mentioned it to my lady, she went back in, and verified this.

I am glad I found out before I had transferred everything over. I just felt that a heads up to folks here, might be a good idea.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Buddy
    What on earth??
    What's the exact wording in their policy that allows for that?

I stay away from big banks, the bigger they are the farther I stay away.

In the end they exist for the same reason every other company exists. To make money, and banks make it off of you.

Find a good local bank or credit union that has local managers, not some finance guy from New York calling the shots. Give them your business and watch them carefully.

I bank at a little local bank here in town. They are locally owned and operated. I know the bank manager well and we talk huntin' & fishin' all the time. FDIC insured but small town owned and operated. They offer everything the big boys do [online banking, free checking and debit/credit cards] so why would I trade with the big scum bags when I can trade with people I know, trust and actually like.

I am a staunch supporter of capitalism in every way but I also loathe trading with giants. My money stays in my town as much as possible.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Grand Master

Small town banks are like funeral homes and grocery stores. They're becoming a thing of the past, being bought out by the chains. If Ya find one, do biasness with them and let them know you appreciate them.
    I grew up in a small town where everyone knew you and most everything about your family. If Ya needed help it was usually given by a neighbor with no expectation of repayment. Now I don't know a person on main street (don't even speak their language) and would be suspicious of any offer of help.
    And they call this progress.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Credit union for sure! You can talk to them in person and not have to call the customer service and be put through the " If you know your party's extension please dial it, if not please pound sand" carousel. I hate that!!!!
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

As we move closer to a cashless society this will become more common place.
    When you can no longer buy with cash, someone else will determine what you can buy and what you can not.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have dealt with lot of banks over the years and have no use for the "big boys" to whom you are just an "account" and not a "person". My wife and I have used the same small local bank now for 40 some years as well as several Credit Unions. In a Credit Union you are a "member" - i.e. much more personal.

And . . . when everything took a "nosedive" and much of it as the result of the "big boys" . . . . it hit everybody and affected everybody whether you could no longer afford to make house payments for some or your investment portfolio really took a beating. And just think about this for a moment . . . the "big boys" didn't care a tinker's d#$m bout their customers but the CEO's certainly drew big bucks. And when these banks were levied with big fines . . . where did those fines go? I don't remmed her getting a portion of it to make up for my investment losses and I doubt that another average investor did as well . . . and the banks did not show a whole lot of sympathy to those that they had "over loaned" money to and who now could not afford to make their house payments. No . . . where did the fines go? To the government so they could "mis spend" it and waste it.

I would much rather deal with a local bank or credit union where people know each other and you (in a credit union) usually have a say in how things are run to a certain extent. It's too bad that there isn't a list of such banks as the OP mentions who feel they have to be "politically correct" as I'm sure that many of there depositors and stock holders are not even aware of the leftist policies that some of them have.

Boolit Master

keep in mind the money you put in the bank is "not" your money once it is in their hands, which means if it is not fdic insured and the bank goes belly up you are last on the list to get anything.

Boolit Buddy

Perewgrine, I do not know the clause that they use. We just verified that it was their corporate policy, twice, and left. Like paypal, I guess. Operation chokepoint and all that.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Grand Master
    The bank is entitled to make whatever rules are legal. So no foul there. Potential customers can go elsewhere.

I do not like PayPal's policies on guns, but still use them as they are very convenient. I use Ebay as well. Some may criticize me for supporting anti-gun businesses. No issue for me. If there were pro-gun establishments that provided equal service, I would use them but they do not exist.

Not sure why the OP wants to bank off-shore, but agree with those who suggested a local credit union. At least deposits are in the US and insured. If I had tons on money, there are better places than the Netherlands to park funds.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Credit Unions are the way to go followed by local Comminity Banks.

I was trying out a truck once and Becky called me from the local Community Bank
    Becky: Hi Jonp
    Jonp: Hey Becky. Whats Up?
    Becky: Did you want $10,000 for a truck?
    Jonp: ???????????????
    Becky: Car dealer called us for approval and I thought you might have forgot to call me. I was going to approve the loan for you but thought id call first just in case
    Jonp: *%^®€€€™© Car Dealer. No, dont approve it thanks for calling

I just got a $50 check from my credit union as part of the yearly profit sharing. I also called them when I was looking for a house. Took 5min to get approved for $100,000 over the phone.

Big monster banks suck. Dont use them
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

I have accounts at credit unions, local banks and big banks. Big banks offer advantages to people like me that travel. There are ATMs all over the country and I'm not charged an arm and leg to use them. If something goes wrong I can go to a branch and talk to someone in person. I can't do this w/ a local bank. But I do find it easier to borrow money at lower rates through the local banks and credit unions. Use the service that best suits you. They all have their place.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    keep in mind the money you put in the bank is "not" your money once it is in their hands, which means if it is not fdic insured and the bank goes belly up you are last on the list to get anything.
    What in the world are you talking about?
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

I'm also with Wells Fargo, but might ditch 'em soon. I opened a checking account with USAA bank, so that there would be an account associated with my Paypal account, but with little money in it. Can transfer bux online as needed. One nice feature of the USAA account is that they will reimburse me for use of any ATM anywhere in the world to access funds. Matters little now since I stopped traveling. This little town has several locally owned banks and credit unions. Would be nice to go small again.

Boolit Master

My first bank loan was for a 1969 Roadrunner. Folks would not co-sign( I was too young). The local bank manager had known me all my life - he cosigned ! Later years, I'd just call and say "Calvin, I'm gonna write a check for this car/motorcycle/house, he'd say OK and sweat the paperwork next day. Those days are gone !

Boolit Buddy
    Credit union I belong too gives interest rebates on mortgages at end of year depending on profits.
    last 3 years was 75 percent on intreste paid takes my 4 percent mortgage to 1 percent

Moderator Emeritus

Under current laws any money you place in a bank is THEIR money until you withdraw it. And of they go belly up the depositors are LAST on the list to be paid off, they pay off the stock holders first with THEIR money(that you think is yours...). That is why I only keep enough in the bank to cover bills. Rest gets either spent on supplies for the house(hey 1 years worth of toilet paper is handy...) or I stash the cash or I buy silver...

Quote Originally Posted by snowwolfe View Post
    What in the world are you talking about?

Snowwolfe, go read the fine print sir. About a year ago it came out. In many cases in the event of a problem with the bank. Your deposits no longer belong to you, they belong to the bank.

In effect freezing your money until they feel like giving it to you. And if you lose a house because you can not make a payment. Well they don't care.

If your money is not where you can put your hand on it without having to get into your car it ain't yours.
    You just think it is, but they think different. And they have the small print to back them up.

Ohhh and BTW I don't call that paper currency money either. It ain't. Money is supposed to hold its value and that paper don't.

I won't get into how much silver I can put my hand on.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Snowwolfe, go read the fine print sir. About a year ago it came out. In many cases in the event of a problem with the bank. Your deposits no longer belong to you, they belong to the bank.

In effect freezing your money until they feel like giving it to you. And if you lose a house because you can not make a payment. Well they don't care.

If your money is not where you can put your hand on it without having to get into your car it ain't yours.
    You just think it is, but they think different. And they have the small print to back them up.

Ohhh and BTW I don't call that paper currency money either. It ain't. Money is supposed to hold its value and that paper don't.

I won't get into how much silver I can put my hand on.
    What about FDIC insurance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast