MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primer catcher tray for a Pacific Super Deluxe

Boolit Grand Master
    Big tom, that looks great. I wish someone had thought of installing a tube for drainage fifty years ago, just imagine how many messes that would have prevented.

As for the gaps, I don't think they will be a big deal; I am used to using duct tape to modify the supposed catchers on most of the presses I have used.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    I can't say it enough, this is awesome! Can't wait to get mine!

Boolit Buddy
    I keep my press mounted to a 2 by 6 and clamp it to my backyard table in the summer months. But i never size and deprime on this press as i don't want to have a yard full of spent primers and a toddler picking them out of the grass to eat. This catch tray will let me soak up some more of the short Wisconsin summer. Thanks!

Banned
    Big Tom, that catcher can be used on all the early Pacific presses. It may take a bit of whittling the opening to make it work. A too small opening is better than a too large one. Your product looks great.
    Ken

I actually have a small slot in the back to give it some more flexibility when putting it on - without that slot, it was almost impossible to put it on at all.

On a side note - when I ship them, I will not put the stickers on as I don't want to run into any legal issues with that. However, this is the picture I used to print them (in case you want to download to print it yourself, click on it, then on the large version, right click and pick "save image as" - on windows machines).

In case anybody here has his/her own 3D printer and would like the .STL file to print it, shoot me a pm and I'll share it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pacific.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	193355
    Last edited by Big Tom; 04-16-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    I actually have a small slot in the back to give it some more flexibility when putting it on - without that slot, it was almost impossible to put it on at all.

On a side note - when I ship them, I will not put the stickers on as I don't want to run into any legal issues with that. However, this is the picture I used to print them (in case you want to download to print it yourself, click on it, then on the large version, right click and pick "save image as" - on windows machines).

In case anybody here has his/her own 3D printer and would like the .STL file to print it, shoot me a pm and I'll share it.

Name:	pacific.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	193355
    I will pay extra for the sticker! I have no way of printing it short of going to a sign shop and getting it done. I would think any patents or copy-writes are expired on anything Pacific but then again, I'm no lawyer!

Boolit Master

i am the person who sent Tom an original primer catcher to copy. I received back a finished product along with the original. It seems he did an excellent job and made improvements as well.

Thanks wv109323!

I have the first few catchers printing and already reached out to SARuger and Wayne Smith. Whoever else would like one or two or more, please send me a pm. Cost will be $8.50 for the catcher and $5 for the shipping.

In case you use Paypal, please add your shipping address to the comment field.

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    i am the person who sent Tom an original primer catcher to copy. I received back a finished product along with the original. It seems he did an excellent job and made improvements as well.
    Last edited by Big Tom; 04-20-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks, Tom. Got it today, it snapped right onto my Bair. I knew it was the same or close to the same casting as the Pacific - and it fits perfectly.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Great! Thanks for letting me know! In case anybody wants one, I can always print more - feel free to spread the word (will take a few days though). Will keep the price for forum members here as it is ($13.50 shipped) and also put it on my website ( https://www.primercatcher.com/shop1 ) but at a higher price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Thanks, Tom. Got it today, it snapped right onto my Bair. I knew it was the same or close to the same casting as the Pacific - and it fits perfectly.

Boolit Grand Master

Since 1972 I've been using a cardboard box under my Pacific Super Deluxe to catch primers and NOW I can get a primer catcher.....$13.50 shipped , thanks Tom.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Since 1972 I've been using a cardboard box under my Pacific Super Deluxe to catch primers and NOW I can get a primer catcher.....$13.50 shipped , thanks Tom.

I have a feeling this is going to be a big seller for Tom! I plan posting pics everywhere and send him some business.

Thanks for your nice comments! Glad I could help!

Boolit Buddy
    I got mine today! Very nice and fit just fine! I will post pics when I get a chance, probably tomorrow night.

Boolit Buddy
    I got mine this past weekend. It looks and works great. Showed it to a friend who knows more people who need one.

Boolit Buddy
    The "C", this is my collet puller press, the catch trey will be handy when I drop a bullet which I often do.

Name:	IMG_20170426_170706138.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	194120

This is my Super Deluxe, which I'm not using at the moment, I'm waiting on the new universal shell holder ram to come in for it.

Name:	IMG_20170426_170752967.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	194121

Big Tom, you do great work! I will have more pics to post up this weekend here and other sites, and I will link you in the pics so other Pacific owners can get their catcher as well!

Nice! Thanks again for the kind words, I am glad it fits and works as it should!

Boolit Master
    PM sent
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Still in South Texas---about 100 miles north of Laredo.
    Big Tom; Got my primer catcher today. Perfect fit and works like a charm. Good job, keep up the good work.

Boolit Master

I got my Pacific and RCBS primer catchers from Big Tom and they are first rate. I also bought a press from him. By the way, everything was packaged very securely, he knows how to package. If you have one of the Pacific presses, Big Tom is the way to go for a primer catcher. Thanks Tom, james

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast