Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about a member ! Something isn't right

Boolit Master

Worried about a member ! Something isn't right

Went to a castboolit members house tonight after getting my sisters generator situated and checking on a friends house who's out of town for work after our brutal wind storm yesterday anyhow I had some brass for this member and he had some for me, I helped him move his generator to a better location and we did our brass swap and than it happened! I was invited inside, inside the house! I met his wife who was a fine very nice lady, "wow married waaaay out of his league " I thunk to myself but a lot of us including me have, than I noticed it, a beautiful full wadd cutter mold being used as a door stop, with handles included no less, "strange "I again thunk to myself and then we went to the "loading room" and I got a little worried it was clean and tidy and filled with first rate gear and everything was labeled and in its place! Not even any brass shavings on the floor! Not wanting to show my embarrassment or discomfort I took a seat and we talked loads, guns and about some famous Indian battles, and about our wives, ya things got a little weird and than this nameless guy offers me some perfect beautiful hollow base wadd cutters for my wife and daughters revolvers from a NOE mold no less, yeah the one being used as a door stop and than I think he may have just been showing off at this point he showed me some pcd boolits he'd done up and they were near perfect and than some brass resizing project he had cooking and it seemed to be going smooth with no injuries or cussing or tons of money invested!!!!! And than he had to cut our visit short cause he was taking his lovely kind wife out to eat, o yeah one more thing his dog was well trained and nice! I guess you just never really know what goes on in some people's lives! A clean a perfectly arranged loading room and bench !

Frankly, I'm appalled. Careful the company you keep, my friend.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

He may or may not choose to identify himself here, but as he likes to show off he probably will, nice enough fellow but a bit strange you know the type, this other time I buy in on a group buy soft lead bulk deal and he went ahead and threw in a large brick of his personal favorite alloy for mag pistol every ingredient clearly written on the face!

A known, labeled alloy???? Just stop, Nagant......you're freakin' me out, man!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

I know it's just weird! So I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    I know it's just weird! So I'm not the only one
    I'm a disaster....I'll admit it. Don't get me wrong. I'm freakishly attentive and detailed 'at the bench', but my storage solutions are just as freakishly lacking. I can't find a dang thing....ever. Some days, I might spend as much time finding stuff and setting up as I do loading. It's a curse. I want to be better. I NEED to be better. Just can't find my way there.

Upside....it's always Christmas. I find 'new' cool stuff all the freakin' time!!!!!

Boolit Master

Yes sir just got a large quanity of h110, opened the old ceader chest I use to store powder and what not and saw I already had ordered h110 and low and behold there was the extra mini 14 mags I looked hi and low for!

Ain't it grand!?!? I've been processing 5.56 brass of late, a chore I despise. Living in my world or chaos, I needed a new flat space to put my 'done' bucket on, since EVERY flat space in my shop is covered with some half baked project or another. So...I find an old gray Rubbermaid tote in the corner....flat space solved. Work, work, work....making progress, filling the bucket. Life is good. Then...a thought. Dang, that tote was HEAVY when I drug it across the floor....gee, wonder what's in it?? (Insert idiot emoji). Opened it up....10K processed 5.56 brass, bagged and labeled from a gunshow I worked 3 years ago. Grin....go pour a bourbon.

Moderator Emeritus

And this is why I need to get the reloading room in the garage built... because I can't find ANYTHING when I want it! Consolidate the mess into one location! Because right now lead is stored in 5 spots... the smelting stuff is in the shed but I cast in the garage... but that shed is getting turned into the outdoor kitchen and brew room to get that out of the garage...

Boolit Master

Sounds like he's my brother from another mother!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Should have taken his temperature, see if he was ill...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy

My lovely Lady has informed me that she wants access to half the office room for her crafts and school supplies/study space. She is even telling me to make sure the new workbench is finely crafted, and that the storage unit next to the bench has to match, and even have doors! It is a disease, I tell you!

On the other hand, I might be able to find things, and the sawdust flux is not leaking all over, now that it is in sealed bins ....
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Banned

I spent 6 hours cleaning the shop yesterday.
    no I didn't get it finished.
    I did get the unused master caster frame off the bench and under another one so I could
    set-up the shot maker.
    now I got buckets and little piles of sorted shot all over the floor.

I think I went backwards but at least the rock salt is vacuumed up.

Boolit Master
    I can only describe my Garage come Workshop as a Hells Kitchen.I get things done but it would be nice to put all my stuff in some sort of order.Perhaps someday I may get round to it.On the other hand I have seen one Workshop that has become a Shrine to the workplace with every item labelled ie Hammer,Matches,Pliers etc all identified with a Labelling Machine.

Boolit Master
    nagantguy, your story has all the hair on the back of my neck standing on end.

I just know I'm gonna have nightmares tonight. Visions of my reloading bench clean and organized. All my machinist tools in their proper places. All my lead sorted and stored neatly. EWWW!
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Banned
    Wait, Wait, what is this strange word "clean" you speak of. Other confusing words like "organized" and "neat". My head is all blurry now. Very confused.

Boolit Master

Man, & I thought I was the only one who has a reloading room that looks like the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald!

When I lived in my condo, I really didn't have much room. I took everything to my girlfriend's house. While I was living in the condo, I would go through the trash room and save all the coffee cans, both metal and plastic......but only if they had a top on them. Over the years I collected probably a hundred of them.
    Fast forward.....we were able to buy the house my girlfriend was living in. GREAT! No need to move some 2500 lbs of wheel weights and the plastic coffee can collection.
    My reloading and casting shed it a temple to plastic coffee cans. Everything is neatly stacked and labeled. Every once in a while I get the urge to clean it up. It is always like Christmas because i find things I put into the cans years ago.
    I just came across 1300 cast H&G #51's in a plastic coffee can with a lid. Traded and sold them. I should do this more often!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

This could be a photo contest......greatest disaster of a loading room!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    A clean a perfectly arranged loading room and bench !
    I wouldn't shoot his ammo any more than I'd trust a skinny cook.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast