WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alliant 2400 at LGS

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    I'd rather have some $29 powder than no $22 powder.
    This. All day, everyday, and twice on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by 376Steyr View Post
    If you bought that 6 lbs, and only 6 lbs, online the Haz-mat fee and shipping would be around $7 a lb. Look at it that way, and $29 a lb doesn't look so bad. I'd rather have some $29 powder than no $22 powder.

I'd rather have some $29 powder than no $22 powder

/\ didn't see that oh well, great line

Boolit Master
    Looked at the price tag on my old bottle, 22 bucks. So I paid 7 more per bottle, but I enjoy what it does, and I have it. When an 8 lb jug pops up, I'll own it.

Boolit Master

Doggone it! All this talk about 2400 made me rush to the LGS and buy an 8 lb jug. ($175 before tax). My favorite online source had it listed for a little cheaper, but they were out of stock. I think I just proved my own point!

Boolit Grand Master

Meh, I still have an unopened 8# jug that I bought during the panic. Added it to an order to mitigate the shipping and hazmat costs. I may get around to using it one day :laugh:

Boolit Master

Bass Pro Shops in Nashville is selling 1# of 2400 for $39.99.

Reason 2,396 not to shop BPO.

Boolit Master
    Does anyone know the reason why there is a shortage of 2400. It seem most other powders have found their why back to the stores.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    Bass Pro Shops in Nashville is selling 1# of 2400 for $39.99.

Reason 2,396 not to shop BPO.
    Bass Pro and Gander Mountain are nice to look at, but I'd have to be desperate to buy anything from them in the reloading/shooting department.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I have been able to buy 2400 and most other Alliant powders all through the latest panic here in southcentral Pennsylvania.
    Not all at the same time and sometimes there was absolutely none available, but if I was persistent about visiting the LGS I could always keep stocked up and maintain my shooting without interruption.

I think the most I ever paid for any Alliant powder was $24.99 per pound. Other places like Bass Pro Shops and a couple of LGS really jacked up the prices(I saw and occasionally still do see powder at $34+ per pound) and almost all shops limited how much one person could buy per day.
    I will remember the shops that gouged customers on prices and won't buy from them.

This may not be true everywhere, obviously.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ubetcha View Post
    Does anyone know the reason why there is a shortage of 2400. It seem most other powders have found their why back to the stores.
    Because people like us buy every jug we see.

I still am not seeing much Bullseye or (especially) Unique in jugs ether. The popular powders are popular to hoard because they are popular...it's circular.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Grand Master

I think we're doing it to ourselves. I grew up with folks that never had more than 2 boxes of 22s at a time because it was always available everywhere for cheap. Now if they don't have 10 bricks they are in panic mode. Same is true of primers that once sold almost always .80 per hundred. Now folks are happy to pay $29.-50. a thou and glad to find them. My local gunshop had only 1 LB bottles of powder but had plenty on hand at less than $10 per LB. Now we clammer for 5 & 8 LB jugs at ridiculous prices, not because we really need that much, but out of fear it won't be there when we do.
    Companies that produce those items aren't going to build more facilities and buy machinery to fill what should be a temporary demand. Remember who won the election?
    If we allow the panic to relax and stop hoarding, we might find out what the new normal really is. The store shelves will never replenish as long as the panic attitude exist, and we each try to inventory like the wholesalers used to.
    Last edited by mold maker; 03-30-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45
    I still am not seeing much Bullseye or (especially) Unique in jugs ether. The popular powders are popular to hoard because they are popular...it's circular.
    If you're interested in buying, Midway, Midsouth and Natchez all have both Bullseye and Unique in stock with a rebate available.
    "... he who knows most, knows best how little he knows." T.J.

In Remembrance
    Me thinks one of the reasons it stays in short supply is the internet, it is just too easy to see who has what where and order it before it ever hits a shelf.

Boolit Master

I shoot so that I can handload.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12