Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Remington 32-20

Boolit Master

Remington 32-20

I have an UNFIRED Remington rifle (not carbine) model 25 pump in 32-20, built in 1938. The rifle has never been altered in any way.
    I am taking it to a gun show on Saturday and would like to have some of you tell me what you think it's worth so that I have an idea of an asking price.
    Thanks.

Pictures of the rifle are available on Guns International listing #100828815.
    Last edited by wch; 03-14-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Gun control is not about guns.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    The single best bit of advice I can think of is: DON"T sell it at a gunshow, (unless it is @ Tulsa) !!!!!!!
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    What onceabull is saying, is you would have a much wider, more interested (and usually better funded) audience by advertising through Gunbroker or one of the other auction sites. Of all of the gun shows I've done, I have never seen the level of return on a rare firearm, that I have seen through the auctions.
    The usual objections are that you don't "want/know how" to ship, and although it is a simple process, it would be easy to find a local FFL holder willing to do that for you for a small reasonable fee.
    If you have more questions, post them here, or you can PM me.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Buddy
    I really have been wanting one of those for a while so I have been watching them on the auction sites. If it's really unfired and close to mint condition I would guess $1500 + range. A gun show is the wrong place to sell a rifle like that in my opinion. If your really interested in selling it send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

Boolit Master

Big auction house for guns. An unfired M25 if in 99% condition which is different than unfired could draw big dollars over a grand IMHO.

But full original condition is what really counts. Sounds like a nice collectable to me.

Agreed $1500, my model 25 was $600 in reasonable used condition. Several years ago
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

DO NOT SELL THIS AT GUN SHOW!
    With all due respect to dealers at a gun show, they want to buy low and sell high. That is just simple business. However, rather than tell you what the gun is worth, they will always ask "....how much do you want for it?" If they can sell it for more than your price they will buy it and turn it over.
    I have seen dealers at gun shows give what people ask for their gun without hesitation....because the seller didn't know what it was worth.
    I begrudge no one a reasonable profit to stay in business. But to pay someone (because they don't know what it is worth) a ridiculously low price is akin to theft in my book.
    Sell it on Gunbroker or consign it with a dealer. This is a great gun and if in 99% condition extremely collectible.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    at a gun show most people that would want to buy it are only doing it to try to double their money.

Photos? Maybe Cast Boolits is the best place to sell this rifle...

Boolit Grand Master
    At a gun show, with Tulsa a possible exception, you will probably get offered a 1/3rd of what it is worth, if that.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    Worth looking into Joe Salter's or LeRoy Merz websites to see if they have any comparables on hand.... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master
    wow...just wow.... I wish...

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Hope you'll post some photos of it. Just curious . . . how do you know it is "unfired"? Made in 1938 the rifle would be 79 years old give or take a few months. Has it always been in your family's possession?

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    wch - Thanks! Sounds like you have quite a treasure!

Boolit Master
    Put it up here with a reserve, plenty of pictures. You'll get the best price. No way from a gun dealer at a show.