Titan ReloadingGraf & SonsLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wisconsin TriggerRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyStainLess Steel Media

View Poll Results: What does your Pb stash weigh?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 100 #

9 5.88%
  • 100 - 500 #

30 19.61%
  • 500 - 1,000 #

23 15.03%
  • 1,000 - 1,500 #

19 12.42%
  • 1,500 # - 1 Ton

19 12.42%
  • 1 Ton to 2 Tons

21 13.73%
  • more than 2 Tons

15 9.80%
  • I am satisfied w/ how much I have.

2 1.31%
  • I buy when I need more.

2 1.31%
  • I buy all I can find.

6 3.92%
  • My backstop is designed to reclaim Pb. easily.

1 0.65%
  • I sort my stash by blend and hardness.

2 1.31%
  • I mark my Ingots for content.

4 2.61%
  • I don't have room to stash enough stash.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOW MUCH DOES YOUR >>> Pb STASH <<< WEIGH ?

HOW MUCH DOES YOUR >>> Pb STASH <<< WEIGH ?

Ok we are just 'ballparking' here I'm sure...but, how much Pb and blended boolit metal do you think you have in your stash?

Do you think you have enough?

How long do you think it will last if you couldn't get any more?

Boolit Master

Chuck, I have a little over a ton...thinking it is about 2400lbs. At the rate I am shooting, about 4000rds per year and the weights that I mostly shoot...that should carry me for a good many years as for the last 5yrs, I have averaged about 100lbs per year. Also, I have access to more...I just haven't picked any up for the last several years. However, I had planned to check on some tomorrow and since you posted this, I will make it a point to do that.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

"Well, if he told his wife the gun only cost $139.00...that's not really a lie--a necessary untruth maybe, but not a lie."

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

I messed this poll up and didn't check the multiple choice box once again...you'd think I'd learn after the last huge poll I redid!

I may have to do it again.

charlie

Boolit Master

I've got about 3,500 pounds of indoor range scrap in ingots, 300ish pounds of cable sheath, 120 or so pounds of foundry type, about 50 pounds of 97% Selangor pewter and a few small lots of this and that.

With the arthritis settling in, I believe that pile will get me to the other side.
    My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

I have a little under 2 tons I have a buddy who works in a tire shop I get all there wheel weights

Vendor Sponsor
    I'm so far behind..... This thread is making me sad.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Vendor Sponsor Page: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...Brass-Trails4u

Currently stocking brass; 17 Rem, 222 Rem, 220 Swift, 22-250, 244/6mm Rem, 243 Win, 257 Roberts, 25-06, 270 Win, 30TC, 303 British, and others.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    I'm so far behind..... This thread is making me sad.
    Don't despair...there is PLENTY out there.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

"Well, if he told his wife the gun only cost $139.00...that's not really a lie--a necessary untruth maybe, but not a lie."

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    Don't despair...there is PLENTY out there.
    I know, I know...I just gotta get off my rump and go find it! If only I had lead of the same weight I have brass.....well, then I might feel better about it!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Currently stocking brass; 17 Rem, 222 Rem, 220 Swift, 22-250, 244/6mm Rem, 243 Win, 257 Roberts, 25-06, 270 Win, 30TC, 303 British, and others.

Every month I make an effort to add more primers and powder to my stash...now I'm backing off them a little and concentrating on Pb.

This might be a vicious circle...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post

This might be a vicious circle...
    BOY...you got that right. BUT...ain't it FUN.

I've had 'Hobbies' come and go since I was a kid . . . but, this is a 'lifestyle'.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    BOY...you got that right. BUT...ain't it FUN.
    Safe to say most of our families will utter choice words when we're gone....... My wife already does, and I hopefully have a few decades left in me!

Boolit Master

Safe to say most of our families will utter choice words when we're gone....... My wife already does, and I hopefully have a few decades left in me!
    I resemble that remark...just thinking today as I got another powder measure out of the mailbox, that I bought from Ben...this is a sickness...it never freakin' ends...just keep adding STUFF.

Boolit Master
    OS OK ... I believe we have discussed this topic several times. Why do we have to hash it over again when you can get your answers in the archive threads on the forum
    Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    OS OK ... I believe we have discussed this topic several times. Why do we have to hash it over again when you can get your answers in the archive threads on the forum
    I never thought about that, I did look in the lead area to see that another thread wasn't running on it?

Do you have a problem with my POLL?

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    You didn't have to hash it over again.....you chose to. It WAS a pretty light-hearted thread that some of us were having a good time with. Why bring the rain?

Boolit Master

you didn't have to hash it over again.....you chose to. It was a pretty light-hearted thread that some of us were having a good time with. Why bring the rain?

Boolit Master

Ignore the naysayers, it's all in fun.
    I can say with reasonable certainty that I have more than I'll ever cast or shoot. It must not be enough though, because I caught myself searching the intersections on the way home this morning. Found some too.
    It's a lifelong habit that I unconsciously do as I dart to retrieve those free choice pieces, while ignoring the glares and honks of my wife and other drivers. They just don't understand. The Wife calls me an idiot, and some of the other drivers must be going to visit their Sons at the beach, by their remarks. But then there are those that flash me the #1 sign, so I know I'm not the only one.
    Don't despair though, I'm 75 and don't see as well, nor can I nimbly jump to get those nuggets, so there will always be some I miss.
    Good luck and happy hunting.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Ignore the naysayers, it's all in fun.
    I can say with reasonable certainty that I have more than I'll ever cast or shoot. It must not be enough though, because I caught myself searching the intersections on the way home this morning. Found some too.
    It's a lifelong habit that I unconsciously do as I dart to retrieve those free choice pieces, while ignoring the glares and honks of my wife and other drivers. They just don't understand. The Wife calls me an idiot, and some of the other drivers must be going to visit their Sons at the beach, by their remarks. But then there are those that flash me the #1 sign, so I know I'm not the only one.
    Don't despair though, I'm 75 and don't see as well, nor can I nimbly jump to get those nuggets, so there will always be some I miss.
    Good luck and happy hunting.
    Brilliance.

Boolit Master
    I am another who appreciates the thread and poll. I look forward to doing it again when i can select a greater weight.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast