Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7.92X39 for CZ 527 carbine

How do i post a Word document here???

Boolit Man
    To post it here you may have to copy and paste it. If it's something for me to put in this little library I'm gonna start, you can email it to me: whiskeylimamike@gmail.com

Sent.

AND THERE IS A WEALTH OF INFORMATION HERE

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...on-the-7-62X39
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
    Sent.
    Got it, will be adding it to my computer.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by badbob454 View Post
    AND THERE IS A WEALTH OF INFORMATION HERE

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...on-the-7-62X39
    Thank you, I believe I missed that because I was looking for info more specific to this particular rifle, but it's definitely relevant.

The reason I try to research things so extensively is because I can't afford to buy a mold and try it, then buy another if I don't like the results, then another, then another, and do the same with powder...
    So I'm trying to find what would be the most likely success within one or two attempts. I know each and every rifle is different, but enough research should give me a good enough starting point to not break the bank. Basically, I know the guys here have invested the time and money in experimenting so that I don't have to!
    I was looking more for commercially available bullets before investing in molds, but I know some of these here MAY be available from vendors too. I've found plenty of cast and PC bullets available from vendors online (with great customer reviews BTW) for my 44 mag. So I'll be checking to see if any of these designs/weights are available too.

Sometimes the research, learning, and question asking is just as fun as the actual testing.

Boolit Man
    I'll tell y'all what, the folks here at Castboolits have been some of the most helpful bunch I've run across. I have this personal motto (of many) that I like to share sometimes, "Knowledge shared is knowledge gained".
    I can't even tell you the number of times I've come across people who claim to have some sort of super secret knowledge that they refuse to share, and get downright offended and insulting when you ask them to. And I'm not talking about someone's grandfather's recipe to award winning BBQ sauce. I've literally been told before, "Go invest in (insert high priced piece of equipment I'd need for one use) and figure it out yourself. I have no obligation to teach you anything."
    I don't even remember what the discussion was, but I remember that stinging comment, partly because that member was also a total all around a**hole. I recall getting the impression later that the particular member was only still a member of that forum because he was friends with one of the moderators. Seemed he was always chiming in to tell his buddy to calm down and quit being a jerk.

He was right though. No one has any obligation to teach anyone else anything, at least, not on a personal level. I'm very glad to be somewhere that information is so enthusiastically shared. It saves newbs like me and many others a lot of money, heartaches, and headaches.

Boolit Master
    If finances are tight than a lee 312x160, a Lee 314x175(I think thats the weight), a Lee 8mm 175, and a Lee .314 push thru die and a container of LVR following Larry Gibsons info and you are good to go! I prefer lvr in cast with the x39 myself.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    One thing you can try also is to make connections with others that are willing to share some boolits that they cast so you can at least try out a variety of boolit designs.
    I often do some Horse Trading with Armoredman with tools and materials for each other to try out.
    Like you said , knowledge is an important part.
    But it can translate into Un needed costs.
    What works for one , just may not be what the other needs.
    That reminds me.
    It is about time to loan Armoredman my 8mm mold so he can cast up some fodder for his Mauser.
    Last edited by LAGS; 03-13-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Boolit Man
    I haven't yet gotten any dies yet for reloading the 7.62x39. Wasn't even sure if I wanted to, until I went through 30 rounds of the Federal American Eagle getting MOA-SUB MOA groups. I thought I'd found the right ammo. Then on the next range trip, did great with the remaining ten rounds of F.AE, but the next box of the exact same thing was all over the place. Couldn't do anything with the Winchester Hog ammo, did fair with the Geco. Of the commercial brands I've used so far (7), Monarch, unbelievably, has been the most consistent. Not very accurate at close to 2 MOA, but it's been the most consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGS View Post
    One thing you can try also is to make connections with others that are willing to share some boolits that they cast so you can at least try out a variety of boolit designs.
    I often do some Horse Trading with Armoredman with tools and materials for each other to try out.
    Like you said , knowledge is an important part.
    But it can translate into Un needed costs.
    What works for one , just may not be what the other needs.
    That reminds me.
    It is about time to loan Armoredman my 8mm mold so he can cast up some fodder for his Mauser.
    Since I just finished loading the last of them...That 175gr projo works like nobody's business!

Boolit Master
    Hand loading is just about the closest to a guarantee of consistency.
    Plus you will find it more cost effective.
    And you don't have to worry that your LGE is out of what your rifle likes to shoot , or the price on that just went thru the roof.

Boolit Master
    Just curious, but we're talking about an 8x39mm wildcat, right? A 7.92x39? I hadn't heard of it, and it would seem to be a near-duplicate of the 8x33mm, yet most people are calling out .30 cal molds but for one fellow mentioning sizing down 8mm cast. Are you paper patching to 8mm?
    Last edited by yeahbub; 03-17-2017 at 12:25 PM.

No, we were originally talking about 7.62x39mm, then LAGS mentioned loaning my his mould for 8x57JS, for the 1916 Spanish Mauser i have modified to that round. But the original thread was about this beauty.

Boolit Master
    I wondered. The thread title is "7.92X39 for CZ 527 carbine". . . .

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbub View Post
    Well, I'll be, must be a typo. I've been reading it "7.62" this whole time. Strange how the brain works.
    "It is wrong always, everywhere, and for everyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence."
    -W. K. Clifford "The Ethics of Belief"

"They hate you if you're clever, and they despise a fool."
    -John Lennon "A Working Class Hero"

Boolit Master
    Strange how the brain works.
    No doubt! I resemble that remark! People talk about having senior moments. . . I've been having them since I was a kid.

Armoredman, what's the story on those fancy PC boolits in the photo, as in weight, nose and band diameters? I've been looking for a 140gr or so mold for the Russian .30"s for plinking as well as full power. I normally paper patch, but, how well does the coating hold up at full throttle?

Boolit Master
    So far the PC has held up on all of the lead .312 thru .316 lead bullets I shoot out of my MN 's with weights between 155 and 230.
    No real difference between ESPC and Shake and Bake either except the ESPC are smoother and nicer looking.
    Last edited by LAGS; 03-27-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbub View Post
    Haha, my apologies, I'll go fix that now!

Edit: nevermind, it seems I can't. But yes, it is a typo, I meant to put "7.62X39".

They are two different boolits - the red and the blue are the afore mentioned 129gr NOE boolits, cast out to .314 and sized to .311. The whites, ( harbor Frieght white doesn't stick very well), are the 160gr Lee tumble lube boolit. Not bad at all, but my little Czech queen prefers the NOE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast