RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Mountain Barrel Info

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waarp8nt View Post
    Brother I would love to have one, but too many shiny things have caught my eye lately including a 8mm Danish Rolling Block, T/C .56 smooth bore with extra .54 cal barrel and a Green Mountain .50 LRH blued in like new condition, but missing sights.
    I hear ya waar! I need to have my credit card taken away! LOL

Boolit Man
    I ordered one Friday morning and it came today. Have a mold on the way but need a .446 push though sizer. Has anyone reamed out a Noe bushing?

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dead dog View Post
    I ordered one Friday morning and it came today. Have a mold on the way but need a .446 push though sizer. Has anyone reamed out a Noe bushing?
    No way in hell i would go under .448, i just trashed my .448 trying to go .449, i ended up ordering a .449 Lee, .449 is the $hit!! If you plan to benchrest shoot .446 would be great, or carry your rifle everywhere you go barrel up would work also. .446 loads WAY to easy in my opinion, as a hunter i would NEVER trust it, i would constantly worry that the bullet might of backed off the powder charge, i dont wanna worry about things such as that while hunting, if i were to benchrest shoot ONLY it wouldnt matter to me if the bullet fell down the barrel and bounced off the powder charge.
    Last edited by 54bore; 03-14-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Perma-Banned
    I called on the NOE sizer dies, they are a nose bushing sizer? The guy i talked to told me i needed body sizer bushings for what we are doing, which they DONT make in .448-449 etc. That was about a month and a half ago, maybe they do now? The guy said he wanted to expand his body size bushings, I would of rather went with these bushings, but i ended having to order Lee Push through sizers. Buckshot here on the forum has a .449, or did have a month or so ago. Idahoron and i loaded his .45 Hawken with one of my .448s and it loaded real similar to his .446, This is why i went .449
    Last edited by 54bore; 03-14-2017 at 06:21 PM.

I just got off the phone with Pecatonica, they are down to two barrels.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Perma-Banned
    Did you get one waar?

Boolit Bub
    I got one just to have it

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by washbuster View Post
    I got one just to have it
    Good idea! I sure wish i had one in stainless!

Perm-Banned
    54bore, buy one of the regular ones and send it to a company that does that micro thin never wear out hard chroming process for guns. should even be better than stainless. i use this process when ive done builds with stainless steel barrels and wanted the breech plug and tang to match. cant tell the difference. and the hard chrome process is very thin and almost impossibe to wear. there is always a way to get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    Did you get one waar?
    I bought two of them. I plan to keep one for sure. Might start shooting at a local club this fall. I went to a muzzleloader gunshow this last weekend and had a really good time swapping stories with the fellows.

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Not sure where Pecatonica stands on barrels at this point, however I did find 4 more GM barrels in 50 cal slow twist (in the white - not blued) at Flintlocks LLC over at Indianapolis. Michael will be set up at the Kalamazoo show this weekend. If someone wants a good round ball barrel they may want to speak to him soon.

Perma-Banned
    I bought two of them. I plan to keep one for sure. Might start shooting at a local club this fall. I went to a muzzleloader gunshow this last weekend and had a really good time swapping stories with the fellows.

Good deal waar!! You will love that barrel! You gonna put it in a Hawken, or Renegade?

Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    Good deal waar!! You will love that barrel! You gonna put it in a Hawken, or Renegade?
    Renegade is my smoke pole of choice. Thanks to some forum members I do have a one inch Hawken stock with a .54 Renegade barrel stuffed in it. Not sure if it should be labeled a Reneken, Hawgade or Hawkenade? Any suggestions?

Perma-Banned
    Renegade is my smoke pole of choice. Thanks to some forum members I do have a one inch Hawken stock with a .54 Renegade barrel stuffed in it. Not sure if it should be labeled a Reneken, Hawgade or Hawkenade? Any suggestions?
    Turn that beast into a 'Hotrod Hawken'!! I agree with you, i prefer the Renegade myself, i have never been a Fan of ANY Crescent Butt plate, the TC Hawken isn't bad but isnt great either, my new Lyman Great Plains Hunter is the worst i have seen! It fit me good, but MAN the top of that Butt plate IS/WAS literally knife sharp! I removed the Butt Plate and Rounded the knife edge off with a dremel and sanding wheel, then cold blued it, filled the sweep with a memory foam stuff and put a nice Lace up pad on it, i put a twin to this one on my TC Hawken as well.

Attachment 190802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12