Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
RepackboxPBcastcoWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: safe/fast way to fire off primed cases?

Boolit Master
    I don't like the idea of using oil or WD40 to kill primers in cases because then you have to wash the cases with detergent and hope you got all the oil out of them. I've never tried to deprime crimped primers with a size/decap die in a press, but I've deprimed a lot of commercial cases without incident by going slow. Run the decap rod down far enough that you're feeling only the resistance of the primer, and not partially sizing the case. You'll be able to feel the primer slowly backing out.

Boolit Master
    Can't believe hydraulics haven't been suggested. It is by far the safest method to remove live primers as far as I know. Just look up how to use water to remove a primer. It works. I wouldn't recommend using a removed primer anyhow. Just my two cents.

I just reused 100 decapped Remington primers in my 30-30 bolt gun loads. No problems, fine accuracy. I'm firmly in that camp. Go slow and reuse them.

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    I deprimed 200 PPU 30/30 cases just a few days ago ,all live primers , They will be reformed into 25/35 cases. Not one detonated . I made my universal decapper die in my workshop ,will deprime from 22 cal up to my 500 express cases. One of the best and most used tools Ive made.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234