WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Suggestions for a .32 S&W Long chamber reamer with interchangeable pilots?

Boolit Buddy

Suggestions for a .32 S&W Long chamber reamer with interchangeable pilots?

Deleted
    Last edited by Buckshot Bill; 04-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Vendor Sponsor

Your reamer is for a rifle, they are quite different from a cylinder reamer. Dave Manson makes them too. You could look up the SAAMI specs and see what the bore diameter is supposed to be, you could slug or pound cast the throat but you need the bore diameter for the pilot not the groove diameter, if you are going to use it on future projects, you need a range of pilots in half thousandth increments. I usually use a pin gage to find bore diameter, then use the same size pilot.

I can't pull up SAAMI specs for this cartridge so I cannot give you a range of pilots to order..
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

The PT&G web site is not very user friendly. Just call them up and they will make whatever you want. The phone people are very knowledgeable, but, if they can't answer you question they will connect you with the owner Dave Kiff. Dave knows his stuff.

For removable pilots standard are the most common but the USR pilots are longer with oil grooves designed for through the muzzle flush systems.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 03-08-2017 at 01:29 AM.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    JGS has a print for .32 S&W Long CIP Wadcutter, which is NOT intended for a revolver cylinder, but a semi-auto target pistol.

John Taylor also has a ".32 S&W Long Rifle" reamer which he used to chamber my relined and restored Army & Navy Cooperative Society Rook Rifle. From measuring chamber cast slug this reamer has .380 diameter rim seat 0.055" deep from breech face, with base diameter .338 ahead of rim, tapering to .3375 at case mouth .96 from breech face, with 8 degs. 30' Basic transition from the the case mouth to a .313" ball seat with .050" cylindrical throat and 3 degrees Basic forcing cone.

Hope this helps.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.