Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pietta 1873 opinions.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    The 44Mag loads would have been too much nose and blast for the speakers on the movie set probably.

I remember reading that in the first movie, they actually used a 41Mag as S&W weren't producing 44Mags at that time and the movie needed to go ahead, so a 41Mag it was (PS, Don't tell the 41M guys, they are like Vegans and we will never hear the end of it, haha.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    I read about that same thing in that they used a 41 Mag on the movie set. But the director and producer both denied it vigorously. Now they like fired blanks all the time. The gun noises are all added in later in the mixing room. I tend to get a kick out of them making all the other guns sound sort of wimpy in comparison to the .44 Mag. You know the pow, pow, pow and then the BOOM, BOOM.... etc. LOL.

Besides in real life firing .357's or .44 mag's inside and outside would have likely blown out everyone's eardrums. In real life does anyone have time to pause and insert ear plugs before they engage in a gunfight?

ref https://www.nrablog.com/articles/201...th-and-wesson/
    Last edited by Earlwb; 03-09-2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo correction

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    I read about that same thing in that they used a 41 Mag on the movie set. But the director and producer both denied it vigorously. Now they like fired blanks all the time. The gun noises are all added in later in the mixing room. I tend to get a kick out of them making all the other guns sound sort of wimpy in comparison to the .44 Mag. You know the pow, pow, pow and then the BOOM, BOOM.... etc. LOL.

Besides in real life firing .357's or .44 mag's inside and outside would have likely blown out everyone's eardrums. In real life does anyone have time to pause and insert ear plugs before they engage in a gunfight?

ref https://www.nrablog.com/articles/201...th-and-wesson/
    What was that Brit movie? Sting I think it was with the big Russian putting earplugs in and his potential victims wondering what he was doing, haha.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234