Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Scope mount question

Boolit Mold

Scope mount question

Has anyone used the Dixie Arms rear Malcolm scope mount? I think it is made by Pedersoli.

Boolit Grand Master

I have several of the MVA malcomb mounts on their scopes. Dz makes a set of clickless unertal style mounts with extended range. The Mvas are clickless and no springs. I haven't heard a lot of good about the leatherwoods mounts.

Vendor Sponsor

Griz - I read this from your other post:
    "Bought a old Navy Arms brass scope 3/4"x 32" optics are clear. I would like to mount it on my Hepburn 45-70 for silhouette matches but need mounts. Anyone have a set of mounts they are willing to sale?"

Sorry, I am not sure what Dixie or Navy arms offers.
    You are looking to shoot silhouette. You have a Navy arms brass scope.
    I have not tried to adapt one so I have no first hand info.
    Take the following for what it is worth.

DZ andd MVA are two systems that work. The mounts have to be VERY good to repeat and deliver the accuracy the rifle is capable of. That is a tall order. I have been in the iron sight silhouette game a long time and have shot scopes as well since "scope" became a class. I only say that because scopes are a tough system to manage and a lot of shooter have been discouraged buy the very good ones (MVA & DZ) much less by mismatched lower end equipment.
    Two questions for you, 1) does your Navy scope have an under-rib? (Pope rib) 2) are you serious about trying the silhouette game and giving it and yourself a fair chance?
    Chill Wills

Boolit Grand Master

Mr Chill wills is correct In Shillouettes you are adjusting for 4-5 different ranges and being close for your spotter to see is important. After a few matches you should have good data on sight settings to be on or very close. Repeatability is important for this. I have good results with the MVA mounts. MVAs mounts have windage adjustment both in the front and back mounts giving more adjustment when needed. Some use the front for estimated at the start then fine tune with the rear as they go. Its a option to consider.