Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCBS handheld debur/chamfer tool

In Remembrance

I had an old RCBS and an Forstner cutter heads for their case trimmers sharpened by a tool and die shop that sharpens cutting tools. That was 12 years ago and both cutters are still doing great. I have a case prep tool from RCBS and haven`t used a chamfering hand tool in at least 15 years.Robert

Boolit Master
    In some defense of RCBS, they did replace the part. Same worthless made in China. This should tell how well they work....https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/74526.

Can't believe these sold out....so says the link.
    Last edited by daengmei; 03-15-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master
    Sometimes the temper of the brass and the size of the burr is at fault. If you have a dull case trimmer or you are trimming a huge amount you will wind up with a thick rolled over burr that is hard to remove. That burr is the fault of the trimming operation. I have used my trimmer to shorten many cases about .250. Removing this much material created a huge tough burr if you use a high feed rate with a power drill. To make the case easier to deburr let up on the trimmer pressure the last few thousandths and it will leave a very fine thin burr that is easy to remove.
    Your trimming technique can make additional deburring work or it can make the deburring easy. Your choice.

I have 3 of the older Wilson made RCBS tools that are between 20 and 40 years old and they still cut just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by daengmei View Post
    I have these, bought 1 and the other in a press kit. They are stamped only 17-60 cal and RCBS. Used both with .308 cases that were cut to size with a Lee case trimmer. Each one I turned a couple of times with modest pressure on the outer rim and checked. Each time there still remained a burr. The very small shavings didn't seem to come off easily.

Attachment 189982
    EDG

Boolit Grand Master

Like the others, my older one still works fine. I would probably junk the Chinese tool and invest in an American made one, probably a Wilson.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12