Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARs days number

Boolit Master

ARs days number

I read somewhere that the Federal appeal court ruled that AR are subject to regulations. The argument that the AR are semi auto did meet their litmus test.
    Leadmelter
    MI

We'll see. So far, it's three states.
    http://www.activistpost.com/2017/02/...le-rifles.html

Boolit Bub

And unsurprisingly California is still anti everything...

Boolit Grand Master

Wasn't there a case back in the '30s with a relevant decision?

"In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument."
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    The Second specifically protects military weapons. What else would a militia use?

I doubt certain states would comply. My native one comes to mind.

Boolit Master
    Even if such a ruling applied on a federal level. An individual state would have to pass a law getting rid of ARs, CA NY, yea, TN, TX, not likely. And considering the glut on the market, dont see the AR being banned any time soon.

If they want a new gun law pass one that requires every house to have one. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Buddy
    Cali Is forcing us to register our AR's as assault rifles with lots of rules, not as sporting rifles. Or we can make them featureless.
    I'm with you'all everyone should have one!
    CC

Boolit Grand Master

Or several !!!
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    Arizona, quietly ignored by the MSM (isn't that surprising), recently passed a law preempting "any federal law which the state legislature deems to be unconstitutional". Basically, if the feds decide to pass a law which our state legislature deems to be unconstitutional, the legal precedent has already been passed that Arizona will IGNORE that federal law!
    one of the reasons I moved here, and I will never leave (unless Texas secedes, then, maybe).

We have our normal Miami moronic idiots and their every year attempt to grab guns. Things are as normal. They yell, fall down, kick and twitch a lot and we just ignore them. NW FL is all but a different planet. We have proposed several times to have north FL separated from south FL. Folks that live here refer to the area as LA, Lower Alabama, not Florida.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dogmower View Post
    Arizona, quietly ignored by the MSM (isn't that surprising), recently passed a law preempting "any federal law which the state legislature deems to be unconstitutional". Basically, if the feds decide to pass a law which our state legislature deems to be unconstitutional, the legal precedent has already been passed that Arizona will IGNORE that federal law!
    one of the reasons I moved here, and I will never leave (unless Texas secedes, then, maybe).
    Sounds great on paper. Now ask the two fellas in Kansas how their state laws worked out for them. I completely agree w/ what Arizona is doing. But when it comes the federal government and gun laws you don't want to run counter to them.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sur-shot View Post
    We have our normal Miami moronic idiots and their every year attempt to grab guns. Things are as normal. They yell, fall down, kick and twitch a lot and we just ignore them. NW FL is all but a different planet. We have proposed several times to have north FL separated from south FL. Folks that live here refer to the area as LA, Lower Alabama, not Florida.
    Ed
    You tell em Ed. Screw that Liberal bastion called south florida
    Those stress balls really work..... When you get to shove them down a persons throat.

Banned
    court decision by 11 Obama appointees

Super Moderator

I believe it could happen. We need to get behind our new president, like him or not. We need to keep pushing the liberals backwards. Right now they are highly pizzed off, more so than Iv'e ever seen. They may try to do the unthinkable in 4 years, and we can't let them do it. Otherwise the AR could be in serious trouble. Just my $.02.

Boolit Buddy
    Now why would the guberment want to disarm the citizens?
    Especially when all these terrorist are sneaking in with all the refugees..

Banned
    You filled out a form when you purchased your AR didn't you?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    You filled out a form when you purchased your AR didn't you?
    Not for all of them. FTF sales are legal here.

Boolit Master
    While the AR ban in Maryland is pretty bad, it's not insurmountable. All the LGS's I know are doing a brisk sales of them. Basically it's about the magazine capacity and barrel length. We're unable to buy mags of more than 10 round capacity here in the state- but we may own them. It's a simple matter to drive across the state line and stock up on 20's and 30's, and be perfectly legal. Minimum barrel length is 16" (and/or minimum 29 1/2" overall length), and all AR's must use H-bar contours- if they're sold new here in the state. Doesn't apply to pre-existing ones.

Buying one over the counter here is no more difficult than in any other non- NY/Cali state. Fill out the form we all gotta do, pass the NICS check, and walk out the door with it.

While it is a royal PIA and an affront to we law abiding shooting citizens, in practice it's not the end of the world. On a personal level, I was going to build a 20" H-bar anyway, and I did.

What gripes me is I'm seeing more and more douche's on the internet refusing to sell/ship to Maryland, when in reality it's no harder than selling to a guy in, say, Texas. People are either ignorant, running on rumors, or both. I wish sellers would take the time to research before castigating the whole population of a state.
    Last edited by gnoahhh; 02-25-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast