Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: your health tip for every one

Perm-Banned

your health tip for every one

im a old retired registered nurse with a keen interest in biochemistry and nutrition. what ive be thinking about for a long time is for all of us to share information that has worked for you to keep you healthy over the years. i dont care if your young or old, male of female, if it has worked for you, tell us about it.

i could write a book here but i dont want to do that. i will start off with a couple of things and every one can give input. i will add from time to time as if have a lot of info on this subject but dont want to hog this post. i want to learn also. lets keep it happy and info sharing and maybe we can all help us stay more healthy and make each others life better.

i want to learn from you all as we are really our own doctors with the help of medical drs. even as to medications that has really worked well for you. lets all learn alot and keep the grim reaper away and remain up right on out feet. the first thing im going to post as information is if you are over come by bloating all the time and it is getting worse and you have dry scaly skin and even heart palpations consider that you may be gluten intolerant.

if your stomach is like a basketball full of gas consider gluten intolerant. go off of gluten for a couple of weeks and see if you improve. no wheat, rye, or oats products. no modified food starch in canned or dry food. no carmel color in drinks or food. no beer made with barley or wheat. no barley also. ive suggested this to many and it change their lives.

thats it exept for one more thing if you can tolerate black pepper on or in your food go for it. it will keep your bones stronger as you get older and even help with blood sugars. the bone desity thing is the most important thing of all and if you dont eat much red meat black pepper can keep your bones healthy. now i cant resist my self as a info for you heavy red meat eaters.

have you all heard that red meat is the cause of bowel cancer? well that is only part of the story and not the real truth. red meat is full of iron and iron kills vitamin e in the body. the iron in red meat causes the bowel cancer if not enough vitamin e is in the body. it doesnt affect the body if enough vitamin e is present. just tkae 100 to 400 units of vitamin e daily with a meal, no more than that, and eat all the red meat you want. medical drs. in finland did alot of research on this and this is what they found out. iron with the lack of vitamin e is the problem, not the red meat.

ok, thats it for me and lets get your input and what works for you may help some one else. any kind of health tip, i want to learn.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 03-03-2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added paragraph spacing

Boolit Master
    Exercise, eat healthy, keep weight off.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't eat yellow snow. If it looks heavy, ask for help moving it. A moment of anger and strength can cause you a lifetime of damage and pain. (My body has the strength to do what I tell it to 10 seconds before my brain says don't do that. As a result I have herniated disks and pinched nerves.) Other than that, Hydrate. Water all day every day.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Boolit Buddy
    less gravy, more vegetables.

Moderation in all things, yes even in Moderation.

I do have one thing that works when my hips and shoulders ache with arthritis.

I take a small plastic container, fill it 3/4 full of Raisins. Then cover the raisin's with straight Gin. I have been known to add a tablespoon of honey to help make it more palatable.

After it has aged for a week start eating a teaspoon full every day until the aches quit.

I do not know why it works, and it does not work for everyone. But for me 2 spoons of this will shut the pain right down every time. I do use a snap top type container, but it just sits on the counter till it is needed.

It will light a fire in your mouth, but it burns out the aches too.

Boolit Master

Johnson, don't mean to make light of your question, just can't help chuckle when I remember my grandmother reaching for the fatback out of the peas and beans...finally caught up with her at age 87. Makes me wonder, seriously, how much lifestyle really matters vs genetics. My mother just turned 88, also was an RN. Overweight a lot of those years, definitely not a "healthy" diet, and in overall good health. Daddy and Grandaddy on the other hand.....hmmm
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

Water and deep breathing ! Had a naval flight surgeon and a family friend whom was a mortician and forensic pathologist say most every time someone with a seeming non life threatening injury died or unknown cause of death there was evidence of long term dehydration! Deep breathing cause oxygen rich blood in required to mantian and repair everything in the body!

Perm-Banned
    these are really good and ghost hawk yours was very very interesting. sounds to me like a iron tonic. alcohol is something i will talk about later if this keeps going. i could not function if i didnt have a couple glasses of very dry, very red italian wine every day. gentics and God are the other factor beside life styles that can give one a long life. i hope these keep coming

Boolit Buddy
    Don't be cheap. Cheap stuff will kill you. Like frozen pizza, frozen burger, cheap beer, soda by gallons...
    I have too many older friends who eat cheap and spend tons on medications. I don't suggest waste money unnecessaryly but look for real things like eggs from real chicken.

Boolit Bub
    Don't smoke

Boolit Master
    My wife and I had a "date" every friday night for years-- I always had a burger and chocolate malt. My cholesterol jumped to 240. So, I switched to a burger and a beer, and my cholesterol dropped to 170. So-- first rule-- a beer a day is your friend. I also decided many years ago that sauces and condiments are a waste of good health. I don't do mayonaise and other spreads. Lots of meat, lots of veggies, a beer each day, and lots and lots of hard exercise (and I'm 70 and regularly run 3-5 miles every few days for exercise).
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

Johnson1942,,, You are very right on with the Wheat/ grains..Since they messed with our grains in order to UP the production and feed the world we have had lots of problems with gluten. We eat and eat all the healthy foods one can stuff down or bellies and die from the lack of nutrients, develop nutrient deficiency problems ( my opinion ) .

I'm not a health nut and I'm not a gov conspiracy fool, but damn there is something wrong with some of our food and a major problem with people eating processed food, it will slowly kill you. I am slowly working to get processed food out of my life and doing better for it. It is a tough process.

Don't forget, are you getting all your trace minerals in your food, I doubt it. If you are, is your body absorbing them and using them? Gluten and processed food wrecks havoc on this

One more tid bit,,, We are all different, we all came from a different part of the world, our bodies all have different needs for nutrients, one size does not fit all.

Banned

I eat real butter, lots of it and cheese, fat meat, I want 1/2# of bacon with eggs. The worst troubles I ever had was when a doctor told me I needed this or that pill. Pills will do you in.
    My cholesterol was 320 or something. I asked about it and he said my good fats were extremely high. Why take death pills then?
    I do drink. Why give up what you love? I am 79, hunt, shoot and drag deer.
    I think running to the doctor for every twinge and getting pills is a path to the grave. Just read warnings on medicines.

Perm-Banned
    we are getting a lot of good stuff from every one. again this old nurse has a special saying that every one should remember. life is movement and death is stillness, KEEP MOVING. and alot.

Boolit Grand Master

Make sure your MD is willing to learn. MD's literally 'practice' medicine - unless you have an identical twin your physiology is unique in the universe. Your MD has a general idea what these medications do for most folks, he/she has No idea what is happening in Your body until You tell him/her. Keep records, communicate, and let your MD learn your physiology so their next guess will be more accurate.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Perm-Banned
    i want to share something else that can benefit every one and is a little know fact. i first noticed this 30 years ago when working as the head of a the evening shift at a nursing home. i was going over the lab work of some of my patients and i noticed that most of the cholesterol were really low as was the triglycerides(fat in the blood). i asked a dr on rounds about this and he said of course, it is the metamucil you give them every day to keep their bowels moving.

he said it is a little known fact that metamucil every day will do a better job of lowering cholesterol and triglycerides than any medication out there. this is going to save a lot of you money and maybe even the horrible side affects from cholesterol meds. it may even extend your life. use only the metamucil with the non suger sweetner in it as suger raises triglycerides. mix it with a fizzy drink similar to 7 up that is diet. take it every morning and every evening. within six week when you get your blood work done you will see that it really really works with out fail. helps prevent bowel cancer also as it cleans out the bowel like a broom.

i must tell you a story that will verify this. when i worked at a mental institution and was a supervisor i had a nurse under me who was very very active and very fit looking and slim. she had the genetic problem of very very high triglyserides. they were out of sight and when you saw her blood in a test tube the fat would rise to the top like cream on fresh milk. nothing brought them down. i told her about the metamucil and she did it twice a day for 6 weeks and went and had her blood drawn and her triglyserides were normal. she was so happy she cried.

now that im on a roll i am going to share why some people die of heart attacks at a younger age and they are active and live a good life style and even look fit. you all know someone like this and you dont want to have that happen to you. here is the reason why for most of them. bad teeth or even just one really bad cavity. the bacteria in a cavity if it gets in the blood can cause a stroke or heart attack from blood clumped into a solid with in 5 minutes ater entering the blood stream.

also if your joints are aching badly and you have inflammation every where or some point in your body and have a bad tooth or teeth, that is our source of the problem. you are fooling with a quick and sudden death if you have any decayed teeth in you mouth. if you cant afford to fill them. get them pulled at least. those young people you had bad teeth and had to get them all pulled when they were young have a better chance of living to be very old than people who kept their teeth and let cavities happen and are poor about getting them pulled or fixed. never ever let a cavity remain in your mouth, it is like spinning the cylinder of a revolver with one live round in it and putting it to your head every day.

if the dr. tells you you need your gallbladder out, do it. it wont get better and the same thing teeth do the gallbladder can do to your body. if your walking around with a cane and your joints in your feet are swollen and the nerves at their junctions in your feet are swollen and you can barely walk any more think, do i have cavities or a bad gall bladder. if those two are fixed the other problems will go away. their you all are, a couple of little know facts that every one now knows that reads this. remain upright and keep moveing.
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 03-03-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added paragraph spacing

Perm-Banned
    just another one that every one should know. bet there are many people who read these post are taking metformin. well your thinking, he is going to tell me a bad side affect but im not. im going to tell you a good side affect from taking metformin. it helps you lay down new brain cells in the brain faster than normal. so in a nut shell it makes you smarter and your gaining new brain cells faster than you ever did. nice to know.

Boolit Bub
    Couldn't agree more regarding Metamucil. That along with cardio exercise will do wonders. Save some $$'s and just buy straight psyllium husk powder and mix with A LOT of water (it swells so quickly you could choke) It can be purchased from bulkfoods.com. I've got great teeth and no knwn gall bladder problems, I've been on a quest to learn what is causing all the aches in my body which is in its 7th decade. Mobic works but I'd prefer to find the cause and not take a prescription med

Boolit Master

You're right on about teeth. Many years ago, I used to get severe headaches. Like someone was plunging an ice pick in my head, throbbed every time my heart beat and lasted for days. Then I had dental problems and had several back teeth pulled. Haven't had a headache since, and that was over 30 years ago.

Perm-Banned
    the good stuff just keeps coming, thanks

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast