Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do YOU carry?

Boolit Master

How do YOU carry?

Hey guys!

Im going to be getting my CHP, before too long and I was wondering what is everyone's favorite way to carry?

Im planning on getting a Glock 19, and now that I work in an office, I'm in button down shirts and jeans or slacks most times. The rest of the time in usually in T-shirts and jeans.

I was thinking something like a Galco shoulder holster, or a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Any recommendations?
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master

Smaller gun is easier to hide.
    I usually go right hip or just behind right hip these days.

In Remembrance

I carry a TCP in 380 in my pocket. Not even a "print".
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Master
    Been carrying a S&W 442 J-Frame in my right/front pants pocket in a Sticky holster, so comfy I practically forget it's there. Otherwise it's my M&P 9C carried in right appendix in one of my own custom Kydex holsters. Not nearly as comfy but the firepower is dramatically increased.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    I carry a Shield 40 cal. in a Kydex sharks fin pocket holster. Works best in hiking pants.

Boolit Master

I love my Supertuck and is my primary means of carry summertime with a Kahr CW9. Winter I take the opportunity to use the Crossbreed selection of snap slides.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    I carry two different handguns at different times. A Ruger SP101 3 inch and a Colt 5 inch 1911. Both are carried in Crossbreed Supertuck holsters on a 1 1/2 inch wide belt that is 1/4 inch thick.Also use suspenders under my shirt to take the weight off of my hips. Shirts are over the head polo type with elastic around the bottom.The guns never print and I can go with or without a jacket.I have tried a lot of different ways to carry and this works the best for me.

Boolit Master

For summer clothes I have found a elastic "belly band" to be the most inconspicuous. The are made to be used right or left handed and have a place for two mags.

Banned

Dang Chris.
    wasn't you just like 17 or 18 a month or two ago?

Boolit Bub
    I carry left hip or just behind iwb holster with a taurus pt740

Vendor Sponsor

Kahr CW45 in a Black Hills Leather holster of my own design, rides deep, forward cant.

Hey Mytmousemalibu can you make one of these in kydex?

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    Dang Chris.
    wasn't you just like 17 or 18 a month or two ago?
    If you're refferin' to me.... I'm a few steps north of the average whipper snapper. I'll be cresting the 34th year of my existence here at the close of January. While my odometer is low miles, my back & musculoskeletal system has a salvage title.... Could easily be confused as a case of odometer fraud! Where's a lemon law when you need one!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

Accuracy, Power & Speed

Banned

in the waist band with or without a holster depending on the gun and how long it will be on me. If I'm just bopping into Walmart for 10 minutes I just stick it in my waist band If I know it will be on my for a few hours I use a iwb holster. I don't carry guns as small as lcps or J frames. I usually have one in the truck for emergencys or for when I forget to grab a real gun. then maybe in my pocket but that's rare. Lately its been my officers 1911 or g43 or my shield that gets carried.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 01-11-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Boolit Master
    The little 5-shot J-Frame is certainly a sacrifice in firepower, no argument there. I have plenty of confidence in the .38+P to do the job but 5 shots and a time consuming reload that requires more focus & dexterity than an autoloader is what hurts its viability. In the extremely rare off chance some bad luck finds you, statistically speaking, just producing a firearm has a good chance of sending your opponent running without a shot fired. In the even more off chance you have to pull the trigger, it's unlikely you'll need more than a few rounds. It's better the hope for the best and prepare for the worst and having plenty of firepower isn't a bad thing. I'm playing the odds with a J-Frame in the sake of comfort, hope I don't need it at all. I carry more and longer as a trade for the positive. I'd rather have the little .38 snubbie than a .380 pocket rocket push comes to shove. I have a tuned up S&W Bodyguard 360 that almost never gets carried except for deep concealment since it is so tiny.
    ~ Chris

Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Grand Master

Chris, there is a guy in NC that makes the holster I have for my CZ82 - you can hide it under a regular t-shirt. I got it at one of the Norfolk gun shows, I don't have his contact info. I have recently switched to a Light Commander (mine is Kimber) and I wear it IWB under a vest. I wear a pocket watch, made my own watch chains and fobs. That accounts for the reason for the vest so no one asks further why I wear one.

Next time you are down stop by and I can show you the whole package, or several of them. Prior to the Light Commander I wore a Colt Agent for years. Same way.

Yes, Five, it was a few years ago that he was 16! Now married (Lissa is a great girl, too.) and a father. Time does pass.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

I either carry a XDS 45 in a Crossbreed King Tuk. Or my Colt LW Commander in a thumb break OWB strong side belt holster.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    LCP in right front pocket , occasionally a CZ 82 shoulder carry .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Right rear IWB S&W 643 Airweight mostly in the summer. In winter, when I know I'll be wearing a coat, I'll sometimes switch over to a XDS 45.

I typically find I always just go for the 643. Lighter is just more comfortable. I carried the glock 19 for a while, but fully loaded, it's just as heavy as the 45. Over time, I just feel like I'm constantly "hiking" up my pants. I always wear a thick Relentless Tactical belt, but that only goes so far against fighting the forces of gravity.

With the airweight, I rarely ever know it's there. Just sits perfectly and never falls down or requires readjustment. Been carrying it for 10+ years.

Banned

One thing to keep in mind for a IWB holster is if you have back problems. The IWB will make that flair up. It presses on the sciatic nerve where most people carry their gun. Right side behind hip. The Glock style pistols make it even worse because of the square shapes. The picture of the holster is the type that is the worst offender for this. The Cross breed and Alien Gear type that spreads the load out around your hip do help. But an OWB are way more comfortable.

Part of your choice is going to depend on your state laws also. Some states say that even the firearm printing is reason for arrest. Most say concealed. Meaning it must not show the actual gun. So even accidently flashing someone will get you arrested. Here is Iowa it is a CARRY Law. Meaning it does not matter how you carry or what you carry. Open or hidden it does not matter. I have switched to OWB carry. I modified my IWB into an OWB by making it into a pancake style belt holster.

Banned
    Arisaka99,

A >50YO S&W K-frame .38SPL "snubbie" & in a old Don Hume-made OTB holster.

yours, tex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast