WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Oklahoma and Texas members OK?

Oklahoma and Texas members OK?

Quite a few fires popping up your way....we've already had one incident management team ordered to OK, my team is next to go.

Reports from your areas?? Everyone here doing OK?
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Are you a 'hot-shot'?

Is that the correct name these days?

I have nothing but love and respect for your kind!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

No sir....I am many, many years removed from that kinda work on the fireline. Never was a shot...but like you, I have a tremendous amount of respect for those guys...they truly are some tough dudes. I've moved on to my 'old guy' backup plan for fire support, and am doing GIS mapping work these days. Hips won't take the line work anymore.....

Thanks for your kind words.....we don't always get that.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Perma-Banned

trails4u...did you work on our recent GA fires?

Well you know about the fires we have had out here...the last two years I've had to put people up here at our little Rancho who were forced to evacuate.
    People here regularly make food and take water and just show up to see if they can help in the base camp areas.

Fire is a 'Monster' out here...nobody takes that lightly and we do for each other through churches and private groups...it has missed us by as little as 3 miles this last time and it can run these canyons 10 - 13 miles on a windy day...heck, fire makes it's own weather!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I was in Blue Ridge and Clayton most of November and part of December. And I'll add, I've never been treated so well, and been so humbled in all my life. Amazing, amazing, amazing communities. My vacation dollars will be coming your way from now on....

I've been your way as well OS OK....A good ways south and east of you, but I was with a hand crew on the Rim Fire working night shift. Another place we felt welcome and appreciated!!!!

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    I was in Blue Ridge and Clayton most of November and part of December. And I'll add, I've never been treated so well, and been so humbled in all my life. Amazing, amazing, amazing communities. My vacation dollars will be coming your way from now on....
    Thanks for your service and glad to hear that it was a good experience.

In Remembrance

The Lefore fire was headed our way until the wind turned from the north and pushed it away. Three lives lost in the next county while trying to rescue cattle, and another lost in a different county when fire caught him in his truck. The fire creates it's own winds and at some point traveled about 70 mph. 2000 hogs, thousands of cattle, horses, and wildlife perished. About a million acres burned in Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas this week. One fire is still out of control. Thousands of fire fighters, most volunteers, working impossible hours. A hard week.

It was bound to happen. CRP grass is nipple high on millions of acres. Texas has it 75% contained I hear. Kansas and parts of OK still raging. Most farms are surrounded by crops so that helps but prayers are lifted that way for sure. Best, Thomas.

DLCTEX...I've been watching it. Texas and Oklahoma are part of my region, so we get pretty regular information. That's why I asked the question to members here....I know it's bad and wanted to check in on our folks. I will say its the first I've heard of casualties...very heartbreaking to me.

You're all in our prayers, and I'll ask others here to lift you up as well. Tough times, my friend....best wishes to you all.

Boolit Master
    Fire was about 4 miles from me but I was on the west side so it was racing away from me. Had one to the south and one to the north of town but missed housing.
    Frank G.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    A grass fire here with a 30 mph wind is a sight to behold . You see enough smoke in the distance and wind coming your way it's time to go .
    No turning back , No turning back !