Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steel segmenting slug on a wild boar

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    We kill so many pigs here, I'd try it. If I screw up, I got plenty more. How ya do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good Evening, as stated by other forum members, make sure it is not infected with parasites. how to do it? look at the liver, as it must be clean as the one in the pictures. If it has parasites, you would see white dots of little cists in the liver. Also observe the small intestines and the diaphram. if you see bubbles or big dots , they are incysted parasytes. --- then meat only good for cooking. -to make wild hog prosciutto ham, as you have cut the hams in the pictures, press some garlic on it and massage it. then put the ham on an inclined wood board in a room free of bugs at a temperature of about 50 F and put fine salt on th exposed meat (1/4 inch thick). For a 100 lb hog, leave the salt on (and replace it as the liquids drains out) for 5 days. Then wash it with white wine, massage oil on it and put pepper on the exposed meat. leave it hanging in a cool place for 2 months, they it is ready to slice. Fine slices will be just perfect for you sandwiches. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    That's a long process and needs a controlled environment. Sausage is a winner, make sure it gets to 166* at some point, trichinosis and what not.....
    Ain't my first trip to the rodeo. My second favorite past time is sausage and jerky making!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12